Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

AWright4

Live Chat and website cookie policy

SOLVE

I would like to set up live chat on my website. Live Chat is the only HubSpot product available to users on my website.

I have tried reading your online guidance but couldn't make sense of it, so I am asking here in the hope that your answer might help other users with a similar problem.

First, I need to update my website cookie policy. 

1. The desired behaviour I want is for the user to accept my website cookie policy, and not have to accept a separate cookie policy within the HubSpot Live Chat.  What settings do i need to achieve that?

AWright4_0-1665748386519.png

2. Which cookies do I need to add to my website cookie policy? My reading of https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/what-cookies-does-hubspot-set-in-a-visitor-s-browser is that the only Cookie needed for Live Chat to work is messagesUtk. Is that correct? Or do I need all of the cookies on that list?

3. Your guidance mentions that this is a necessary cookie and does not require consent. Does that mean I don't have to ask the user for consent to track the cookie in my cookie policy, and the cookie will automatically be tracked. If so, what happens if the user rejects my cookie policy?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
christopher-RVO
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@AWright4 This is a great question for the community.

Thanks for tagging me @TiphaineCuisset!

My recommendation would be to consolidate the consent to communicate text into one opt-in to avoid having to opt in to two separate sets of cookies. As far as the other sets of cookies and policies go, I would recommend speaking with a compliance expert. Unfortanately that skillset is not in my wheelhouse.

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
christopher-RVO
Solution

SOLVE

@AWright4 This is a great question for the community.

Thanks for tagging me @TiphaineCuisset!

My recommendation would be to consolidate the consent to communicate text into one opt-in to avoid having to opt in to two separate sets of cookies. As far as the other sets of cookies and policies go, I would recommend speaking with a compliance expert. Unfortanately that skillset is not in my wheelhouse.

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @AWright4 

Thank you for reaching out and for the details! 

I want to tag some of our experts here - @LMeert @christopher-RVO @ChrisoKlepke do you have any thoughts for @AWright4 on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !