Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

thusgaard
Participant

List of Contacts at Companies where no Contact has Submitted a Form

SOLVE

Can't quite seem to crack this. Here's some context:

1. As part of a marketing campaign a number of contacts have received an email. the CTA was "sign up for this meeting/event".
  2. Some contacts who received the marketing email may have forwarded it to a more appropriate contact. That contact may have signed up.
  3. That's why I want to create a list of contacts at companies where no other contact has yet signed up. That would enable us to do proper follow-up.
0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @thusgaard,

This requires the creation of a temporary custom property, if I'm not mistaken. Here's what you would do:

1. Create a company-based list and filter for companies where any associated contact has "Recent conversion has ever contained any of [name of your form]". Save the list.
  2. Create another company-based list and filter for list membership "is not member of [list created in step 1]".
  3. Create a single checkbox company property and call, for example, "Companies without submissions".
  4. Select all companies from the list in step 2 and bulk edit them; select the single checkbox from step 3.
  5. Create a contact-based list and filter for contacts which are associated with companies where the property from step 4 is checked. If you save this list as a static list, you can delete the custom property from step 3 directly.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @thusgaard,

This requires the creation of a temporary custom property, if I'm not mistaken. Here's what you would do:

1. Create a company-based list and filter for companies where any associated contact has "Recent conversion has ever contained any of [name of your form]". Save the list.
  2. Create another company-based list and filter for list membership "is not member of [list created in step 1]".
  3. Create a single checkbox company property and call, for example, "Companies without submissions".
  4. Select all companies from the list in step 2 and bulk edit them; select the single checkbox from step 3.
  5. Create a contact-based list and filter for contacts which are associated with companies where the property from step 4 is checked. If you save this list as a static list, you can delete the custom property from step 3 directly.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.