Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

phtheref
Participante

List for finding differencies from 2 list

resolver

Hi!

I tried but it seems that it doesn't work like I wanted. So...

I have a active list (list A) contacts who has been ordered newsletter.

Then I have active list (list B) who submitted form (participated webinar).

How I create active list which is telling me contacts who are members of list A but not list B? These people I'd like to contact after webinar.

phtheref_0-1668672215519.png

Here upper is List A and lower List B but calculations doesn't match. This newly created active list contacts + List B sum should be amount of contacts of List A if I have understood this right?

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hi @phtheref,

I'm not sure I understand the context of why you're building this list exactly – if that's important, could you please share again in more detail who the contacts on these lists are, what communication they have received, how they have converted and what you're planning on sending them? If it's not relevant to your list question, of course feel free to skip that part.

Looking at the list logic, we have three lists:

– List A

– List B

– List C which should contain contacts from list A but not contacts from list B

If lists A and B do not share any contacts (or in other words, if there aren't any contacts who are both on list A and B), then the number of contacts on list C is exactly the number of contacts on list A.

If list A and B share some contacts, then the number of contacts on list C is lower than the number of contacts on list A.

If all of the contacts in list A are on list B, then the number of contacts on list C is 0.

So it comes down to how many contacts are in both list A and B. Does that answer your question?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

3 Respostas 3
karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @phtheref,

I'm not sure I understand the context of why you're building this list exactly – if that's important, could you please share again in more detail who the contacts on these lists are, what communication they have received, how they have converted and what you're planning on sending them? If it's not relevant to your list question, of course feel free to skip that part.

Looking at the list logic, we have three lists:

– List A

– List B

– List C which should contain contacts from list A but not contacts from list B

If lists A and B do not share any contacts (or in other words, if there aren't any contacts who are both on list A and B), then the number of contacts on list C is exactly the number of contacts on list A.

If list A and B share some contacts, then the number of contacts on list C is lower than the number of contacts on list A.

If all of the contacts in list A are on list B, then the number of contacts on list C is 0.

So it comes down to how many contacts are in both list A and B. Does that answer your question?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

phtheref
Participante

resolver

Hi!

Reason I am building these lists is that in List A are contacts who are buying one of our services. It is very important that they are participating webinar.

List B is webinar participating list (all participants have to be member of List A).

I need to create List C which tells me who weren't participating because I have to contact these persons individually. 

But... it seems that my list is working correctly anyway. Some of my customers have forwarderd this invitation and there are "allowed new contacts (from same company)" who are participating this webinar.

My bad. Just need to check that my filter for creating this list was correct.

0 Avaliação positiva
karstenkoehler

resolver

Hi @phtheref,

Glad you were able to resolve the issue. If you want others to better understand how this type of list segmentation works, you can help them by accepting my earlier reply as a solution. I'd appreciate it!

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler