Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

KaKaRoT
Contributor

LinkedIn Post with HubSpot Landing Page

SOLVE

Hello, 

I have one Landing page created in HubSpot and I'm creating one post for LinkedIn which will include the redirection link to the landing page. I have a form on LP so I want to track the leads/contacts created through the LinkedIn post.

Can anyone please help me how can I track the leads/contacts coming from the LinkedIn post that has the LP link in it? The LP was live earlier so any contacts created earlier I don't want to consider those. 

Please let me know what's the best way to do this.

Thanks 

3 Accepted solutions
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Just look at the traffic source in the web analytics or the UTM parameters in your form submissions. That will give you the details you are looking for about a particular source converting on a landing page. If you are not creating unique UTM parameters for your different ad sources, you should definitely start doing that so you have these reporting capabilities.

View solution in original post

danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@KaKaRoT under Reports > Analytics tool > Traffic analytics, you'll find the Pages tab. You can sort by landing pages there. Find the landing page you've created and click on the title. From there, you'll go to that landing page's analytics. You can also find this by going into the page editing area and clicking on the title. 

Scroll down to page views, which breaks it down by source. Here you'll find sources like organic social, which is where you can see how many views, contacts, and eventual customers viewed your LP from LinkedIn. 

That's in addition to looking at your UTM paremeters as @Ben_M suggested. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

You're welcome @KaKaRoT. To answer your questions/use cases, the short answer is this: When you've installed the HubSpot tracking code on your website and you've at least connected your social accounts and ads accounts, HubSpot will basically track everything. You don't need to add UTM links. HubSpot automatically does. That's the power and beauty of the platform. 

Here are a couple of additional resources that explain it in detail: 

I hope that helps clear it up for you! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website

6 Replies 6
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

@KaKaRoT under Reports > Analytics tool > Traffic analytics, you'll find the Pages tab. You can sort by landing pages there. Find the landing page you've created and click on the title. From there, you'll go to that landing page's analytics. You can also find this by going into the page editing area and clicking on the title. 

Scroll down to page views, which breaks it down by source. Here you'll find sources like organic social, which is where you can see how many views, contacts, and eventual customers viewed your LP from LinkedIn. 

That's in addition to looking at your UTM paremeters as @Ben_M suggested. 

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
KaKaRoT
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @danmoyle, Thanks for your response.

So do I need to first add UTM in the LP URL for a LinkedIn post? Or when I schedule the post on LinkedIn from HubSpot should I add the campaign associated with it? And then it will show the contacts who filled out the form that came to the LP via LinkedIn post. Does it work this way?

Also, please correct me regarding the traffic analytics you are saying below. Please confirm.

KaKaRoT_0-1676445769147.png

danmoyle

SOLVE

@KaKaRoT you don't need to add an additional UTM, no. HubSpot will automatically track traffic when you post via HubSpot, including the campaign you choose when posting. 

And yes, you'll be able to see at the Contact level which pages they've seen, how they found you, and see their journey. 

That table is your traffic analytics showing traffic from organic social, yes. 

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
KaKaRoT
Contributor

SOLVE

@danmoyle , thanks very much. I have one more to ask, suppose I have two other use cases then can you please help me with them?

Use Case 1 - I'm going to run LinkedIn Ad but not through HubSpot social tool instead directly on the LinkedIn platform. So in this case do I need to add the UTM to the landing page URL in order to track the contacts created via Paid Social Ads (LinkedIn)? In order to track the contacts that came through.

Use Case 2 - If run a LinkedIn Ad through HubSpot social tool then do I still need to add UTM in the landing page URL to track the leads/contacts created in the landing page performance tab?

My end goal is to make sure I track the contacts that came through the social ads. And please reconfirm where can I see the contacts that came through the Ads, is it under the same page performance tab?

Thanks

danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

You're welcome @KaKaRoT. To answer your questions/use cases, the short answer is this: When you've installed the HubSpot tracking code on your website and you've at least connected your social accounts and ads accounts, HubSpot will basically track everything. You don't need to add UTM links. HubSpot automatically does. That's the power and beauty of the platform. 

Here are a couple of additional resources that explain it in detail: 

I hope that helps clear it up for you! 

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Just look at the traffic source in the web analytics or the UTM parameters in your form submissions. That will give you the details you are looking for about a particular source converting on a landing page. If you are not creating unique UTM parameters for your different ad sources, you should definitely start doing that so you have these reporting capabilities.