Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

WGwardjak
Contributor

Limiting form submissions to one per user

SOLVE

Hello everyone 🙂 
Is there an easy way to limit form submissions to one per user? 
I mean not logged in users, probably per session or using cookies.
Is there a solution for that using Hubspot?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @WGwardjak,

This is unfortunately not possible in HubSpot. Other users have requested this before and I'd recommend you upvote the HubSpot Ideas post and comment. The product team reviews these submissions based on popularity.

As far as workarounds go, the only thing that comes to mind would be holding back the content if the person has submitted a form recently or ever. In a contact-based workflow that sends the follow-up information after the form is submitted, you could exclude contact where "Recent conversion date is known" (which would mean at least one) or in a certain time frame.

This might be a bad user experience if it's not communicated clearly on the landing page as users would still be able to submit the form.

Alternatively, you could look into third-party solutions that integrate well with HubSpot, especially online event management systems.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
WGwardjak
Contributor

SOLVE

So this workaround with workflow blocks content incoming to Hubspot or it could prevent user from filling up the form? 
Do you have maybe any example solution that I could look up? 

Thank you Karsten, I appreciate your answers

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @WGwardjak,

No, a contact would still be created or updated from the form submission and it would still be possible to submit the form. However, with workflows you'd have control over the emails which are then being sent – either none or an email letting a user know that they can only submit the form once.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

WGwardjak
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you so much for response Karsten

I will upvote the idea, but actually thread you sent tackles slightly different issue 🙂 
The second part of your response - I think this could resolve the issue, especially this 

In a contact-based workflow that sends the follow-up information after the form is submitted, you could exclude contact where "Recent conversion date is known" 

So, is there a way to do this exclusion in Hubspot? Or did I misunderstood something?

Thank you for your response! 🙂 

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @WGwardjak,

Yes, this would be done in HubSpot but requires workflows and a Professional or Enterprise subscription. In the free CRM or with a Starter license, it can't be done. Which subscription level are you on?

If you have workflows and need further help with the setup, let me know.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @WGwardjak,

This is unfortunately not possible in HubSpot. Other users have requested this before and I'd recommend you upvote the HubSpot Ideas post and comment. The product team reviews these submissions based on popularity.

As far as workarounds go, the only thing that comes to mind would be holding back the content if the person has submitted a form recently or ever. In a contact-based workflow that sends the follow-up information after the form is submitted, you could exclude contact where "Recent conversion date is known" (which would mean at least one) or in a certain time frame.

This might be a bad user experience if it's not communicated clearly on the landing page as users would still be able to submit the form.

Alternatively, you could look into third-party solutions that integrate well with HubSpot, especially online event management systems.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler