Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

jjokinen
Contributor

Lightweight employee advocacy using just UTM tags

SOLVE

Hi!

Does anyone know if there's an easy way to build a sort of a lightweight employee advocacy program just using the UTM tracking builder in HubSpot? Thinking if this could be achieved with Hootsuite/Oktopost/similar.

My thinking is that we'd just create separate UTM campaign like 'employeeadvocacy' and then assign IDs to employee and use those in e.g. UTM content to differentiate whether the traffic is coming from which employee.

Where I hit a wall with this was that if I use 'example.com' as the URL then how could I make sure that all directs to any of the pages on that site, not just example.com but also example.com/ebook or example.com/landingpage, would follow the individual's UTM tag format.

Any ideas what I should do here?

Thanks,
Joel

1 Accepted solution
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@jjokinen are you expecting the employee advocacy to happen in social media posts? I would create a Campaign for each employee (depending on how many employees you have) and ask them to use the HubSpot social tool (the Chrome extension is awesome for this) and choose their campaign whenever they share. 

Side note, I found this article with other tools meant for employee advocacy specifically. Not sure if that helps, but I found it interesting.

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

@jjokinen are you expecting the employee advocacy to happen in social media posts? I would create a Campaign for each employee (depending on how many employees you have) and ask them to use the HubSpot social tool (the Chrome extension is awesome for this) and choose their campaign whenever they share. 

Side note, I found this article with other tools meant for employee advocacy specifically. Not sure if that helps, but I found it interesting.

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/