Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

SClara
Contributor

Lifecycle and lead status

SOLVE

Hi, I recently started working with HubSpot and I had some questions regarding the lifecycle stage and the lead stage of a company.
What will be the best way to work the lead part, given that within each company I have the associated contacts. And the different contacts are in different lifecycle and lead stages.
Should I leave aside the company's lead status and focus on the lead stage of each contact?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SClara,

For the question of lead status for existing customers, I'd recommend this pretty recent thread.

I'm not aware of any lead status sync between company and contact, this was requested from the product team however, see here. You would have to define your own logic here and set this manually (or via workflow).

Does that answer your question?

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SClara,

That depends on what's most useful for you. If you're sales process is account- or company-based more than focused on individuals, then maintaining the company lead status would be a good idea. In that case, you're moving a company along the sales process, not multiple contacts.

If you're mainly selling to individuals or if the sales process usually only involves one person, then the contact lead status should suffice.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

SClara
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi!
There are usually several contacts associated with the same company.
But for example, a company that is already our client, with which we are doing a new business. How can I use the lead status functionality in this case?
I saw that there is an option to sync lifecycle and lead status for companies and contacts. But if my different associated contacts are in different lead and lifecycle states, how is this reflected in the company information?
That's why I ask if it is pertinent to use only the lead status for each contact, leaving the company only with the lifecycle stage update.
I hope to be clear.
And thanks for your reply.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SClara,

For the question of lead status for existing customers, I'd recommend this pretty recent thread.

I'm not aware of any lead status sync between company and contact, this was requested from the product team however, see here. You would have to define your own logic here and set this manually (or via workflow).

Does that answer your question?

Karsten Köhler

SClara
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks for your reply.
I assume you can only do this type of synchronization. Only referring to lifecycle stage.
https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/manage-how-lifecycle-stages-sync-between-objects

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Correct, @SClara!

Karsten Köhler