Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

DennisHart
Contributeur

Library of standard discounts

Résolue

In the quotes tool, you can add discounts. You can even add multiple discounts. We have standard discounts for things like "!st year of maintenance" and "Hometown Heroes" which is a flat discount off the total package. When I'm with a customer, I don't have time to manu

ally type in standard discounts. Why not offer a list of discounts in a dropdown? Why not offer a list of discounts in the library? Discount codes? something better than having to manually re-type our standard discounts. 

1 Solution acceptée
DennisHart
Solution
Contributeur

Résolue

I DID figure out a hack based on a tip from Armando in support. I created a folder in my library called "Discounts" I set up my standard discounts with $0 price (you can't use negative numbers which would be better) 

then, when building a quote, select the discounts you want and click the pencil next to the price and using THAT discount field and put the dollar amount of the discount (in whole numbers not as a negative number) and the one time discount will show on the quote. 

There are still many drawbacks to this include the manual effort and overall complication for sales reps. Could be made MUCH easier.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

11 Réponses
BSwaper
Contributeur

Résolue

The popularity of promotional codes, discounts, sales is growing every day. Each company introduces special offers to attract customers, it is even possible to make coupons  yourself. Cool.

adamlfoster
Membre | Partenaire solutions
Membre | Partenaire solutions

Résolue

This came up with one of my clients and we are getting over it by using Zapier. I like you prefer to do everything in HubSpot and agree that this should be out of the box but Zapier can do this by working between HubSpot and a Google Sheet.

0 Votes
CDumke
Participant

Résolue

Can you share what you did in Zapier?

0 Votes
DiogoMC
Participant | Partenaire solutions Diamond
Participant | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Résolue

Can we expect this development any time soon? Is it even being considered?

agdang
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

This would be very time saving and useful to customers! 

Sdiddy407
Contributeur

Résolue

Given the latest updates inside of Quotes and templating is this something we can expect to see in development?

FlorianHendrick
Participant

Résolue

This is one of several reasons that we are considering to move to a different solution for Quoting (or maybe the whole crm).
You can't even restrict people from overwriting values in the product library which is subject to human error but also opens up the door to wild-west sales practices...

0 Votes
DennisHart
Solution
Contributeur

Résolue

I DID figure out a hack based on a tip from Armando in support. I created a folder in my library called "Discounts" I set up my standard discounts with $0 price (you can't use negative numbers which would be better) 

then, when building a quote, select the discounts you want and click the pencil next to the price and using THAT discount field and put the dollar amount of the discount (in whole numbers not as a negative number) and the one time discount will show on the quote. 

There are still many drawbacks to this include the manual effort and overall complication for sales reps. Could be made MUCH easier.

jennysowyrda
Gestionnaire de communauté
Gestionnaire de communauté

Résolue

Thank you for sharing @DennisHart!

0 Votes
DennisHart
Contributeur

Résolue

I didn't mark my workaround as a solution, but I guess maybe there might be higher priorities. It would be nice to create a really simple feature to solve it correctly. 

0 Votes
DennisHart
Contributeur

Résolue

I've been using my own hack and the problem is that it is very subject to human error. Everything is so small and the controls are so clunky that I medded up a discount and it cost me $100 in over discounting. REALLY need an actual discount library!