Library of standard discounts

SOLVE
Occasional Contributor

In the quotes tool, you can add discounts. You can even add multiple discounts. We have standard discounts for things like "!st year of maintenance" and "Hometown Heroes" which is a flat discount off the total package. When I'm with a customer, I don't have time to manu

ally type in standard discounts. Why not offer a list of discounts in a dropdown? Why not offer a list of discounts in the library? Discount codes? something better than having to manually re-type our standard discounts. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I DID figure out a hack based on a tip from Armando in support. I created a folder in my library called "Discounts" I set up my standard discounts with $0 price (you can't use negative numbers which would be better) 

then, when building a quote, select the discounts you want and click the pencil next to the price and using THAT discount field and put the dollar amount of the discount (in whole numbers not as a negative number) and the one time discount will show on the quote. 

There are still many drawbacks to this include the manual effort and overall complication for sales reps. Could be made MUCH easier.

3 Replies 3
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I DID figure out a hack based on a tip from Armando in support. I created a folder in my library called "Discounts" I set up my standard discounts with $0 price (you can't use negative numbers which would be better) 

then, when building a quote, select the discounts you want and click the pencil next to the price and using THAT discount field and put the dollar amount of the discount (in whole numbers not as a negative number) and the one time discount will show on the quote. 

There are still many drawbacks to this include the manual effort and overall complication for sales reps. Could be made MUCH easier.

Community Manager

Thank you for sharing @DennisHart!

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

I didn't mark my workaround as a solution, but I guess maybe there might be higher priorities. It would be nice to create a really simple feature to solve it correctly. 

0 Upvotes