Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

SarahOps
Contributeur

Lead to Sales flow implementation timeline

Résolue

Hello HubSpot Marketing community,

Looking for recommendations on how long should we plan on average to implement a full lead management process from scratch in HubSpot? Thanks!

0 Votes
2 Solutions acceptées
karstenkoehler
Solution
Au panthéon de la communauté | Partenaire solutions

Résolue

Hi @SarahOps,

It depends. (Sorry.)

When I consult companies who want to do this, I usually tell them that the actual implementation in HubSpot can be completed within a few hours for prototypical lead management processes. For more complex setups, it will take longer.

So, the actual implementation is not what's time consuming. What takes up more time is clearly formulating your process steps and requirements and then translating this into HubSpot terminology and tools. When companies first start out with HubSpot, it sometimes becomes apparent that some things were never defined clearly or documented. Catching up with this can be time consuming.

If you're doing this entirely on your own, self-guided and using the (great) HubSpot learning resources, this could take you between a few weeks up to a few months – depending on how much time you can allocate this, how many team members need to be onboarded and how interconnected lead management is with other processes not living in HubSpot (yet).

If you're partnering with a vendor (agency or freelancer), this time can be shorted. In general, still, it depends a lot on the complexity of your lead management requirements.

Does that answer your question?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

danmoyle
Solution
Membre irremplaçable | Partenaire solutions Elite

Résolue

Hi @SarahOps. Like @karstenkoehler mentions, the answer is ambiguous. 

When you say "a full lead management process," what does that mean for you? Are you including the conversion path, the content marketing that drives that path, and the lead nurturing where a workflow emails them while also changing properties like lifecycle stage (and lead scoring) as they progress through their buyer's journey? 

All of that from strategy planning to design and implementation could take a long time, depending on the daily time your team can give it. 

Or if you're defining thelead management process more concisely, you may find it takes less time. I would still consider time for strategy— planning the why and the KPIs at least— before jumping in. And if you're doing it on your own, HubSpot Academy is a great place to spend some time. 

danmoyle_0-1651752533970.png

Ballpark suggestion for planning the time from scratch the first time: 60-90 days. But again, it all depends. 

All the best on your HubSpot journey! We're all here rooting you on and here to answer questions. 😁

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

6 Réponses
DOHare0
Membre

Résolue

I have a tickets dashboard that allows me to move specific tickets to different departments for them to action, I want to record metrics of how long it takes to respond and resolve and have a timeline of from when ticket is added to when it is completed. Can I do this?

0 Votes
danmoyle

Résolue

@DOHare0 sort of. You can set up date properties and then create calculated properties to measure this, yes. It's not necessarily a standard function. Here's a thread with the idea (which you can upvote) and some resources.

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
0 Votes
DOHare0
Membre

Résolue

Thank you

0 Votes
SarahOps
Contributeur

Résolue

Hi @karstenkoehler and @danmoyle,

Thanks for your helpful insights. These will help me for sure!

danmoyle
Solution

Résolue

Hi @SarahOps. Like @karstenkoehler mentions, the answer is ambiguous. 

When you say "a full lead management process," what does that mean for you? Are you including the conversion path, the content marketing that drives that path, and the lead nurturing where a workflow emails them while also changing properties like lifecycle stage (and lead scoring) as they progress through their buyer's journey? 

All of that from strategy planning to design and implementation could take a long time, depending on the daily time your team can give it. 

Or if you're defining thelead management process more concisely, you may find it takes less time. I would still consider time for strategy— planning the why and the KPIs at least— before jumping in. And if you're doing it on your own, HubSpot Academy is a great place to spend some time. 

danmoyle_0-1651752533970.png

Ballpark suggestion for planning the time from scratch the first time: 60-90 days. But again, it all depends. 

All the best on your HubSpot journey! We're all here rooting you on and here to answer questions. 😁

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
karstenkoehler
Solution

Résolue

Hi @SarahOps,

It depends. (Sorry.)

When I consult companies who want to do this, I usually tell them that the actual implementation in HubSpot can be completed within a few hours for prototypical lead management processes. For more complex setups, it will take longer.

So, the actual implementation is not what's time consuming. What takes up more time is clearly formulating your process steps and requirements and then translating this into HubSpot terminology and tools. When companies first start out with HubSpot, it sometimes becomes apparent that some things were never defined clearly or documented. Catching up with this can be time consuming.

If you're doing this entirely on your own, self-guided and using the (great) HubSpot learning resources, this could take you between a few weeks up to a few months – depending on how much time you can allocate this, how many team members need to be onboarded and how interconnected lead management is with other processes not living in HubSpot (yet).

If you're partnering with a vendor (agency or freelancer), this time can be shorted. In general, still, it depends a lot on the complexity of your lead management requirements.

Does that answer your question?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.