Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

KaKaRoT
Contributor

Lead Status Modified Date Property

SOLVE

Hello,

I want to track the last modified lead status date and what was its value when the lead status was changed to. For example,

I have a contact "ABC" that has a lead status - SAL and if Account Executive changes the lead status to SAO then I want to know the latest date change of the lead status property and what was the earlier and new value. 

Is there any way to do that via workflow? I want to know this for reporting where I can provide the marketing team a report of lead status that got converted from SAL to SAO in a given month, not sure what is the correct way to do it.

I'm learning HubSpot so please help me with the best practices.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KaKaRoT,

The Lead status property isn't set up for this kind of reporting, at least not out of the box.

SAL and SAO sound like they're a Lifecycle stage, however, not a Lead status. If you set these up as lifecycle stages, you could leverage these funnel reports: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/create-custom-funnel-reports

HubSpot also maintains date properties for when a contact enters each stage automatically. These allow for easy reporting.

If that's not an option, you would follow a similar logic for your Lead status property: create a date property for each Lead status value (e.g. Entered SAL date) and use workflow to set the date of the step whenever a contact moves to a new Lead status. In other words, whenever a contact enters a new Lead status, there is a workflow that logs that date into a date property specifically for this Lead status value.

You could then create a report on contacts which had a specific Lead status last month (by filtering for 'Entered SAL date is Last month'), visualizing which Lead status they have now. (You would have to create a report for each Lead status that you're interested in.)

Let me know how that sounds and if you need more detailed instructions.

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
StanGommans
Participant | Gold Partner
Participant | Gold Partner

SOLVE

I have had a similar question/problem that I wanted to visualize in a report.

My usecase was as follows: calculate the time difference between contact creation and the first time a specific property was changed.

You can skip step 3 if you only want to know whenever the property was changed and do not want to calculate a difference.

Steps to reproduce

1. Create a date property that contains the date the property was first known/changed.
  2. Create a workflow that triggers when the property is first changed/known and fill the property with the current date.
  3. Create a calculated property that calculates the new date property minus the contact create date and outputs duration
  4. Visualize the property in reports to your needs. I created a custom report that visualizes response time per sales rep for contacts created in the current quarter compared to the quarter before

Limitations

• Unfortunately, this only works for one time-dimension. The difference between X and Y.
0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KaKaRoT,

The Lead status property isn't set up for this kind of reporting, at least not out of the box.

SAL and SAO sound like they're a Lifecycle stage, however, not a Lead status. If you set these up as lifecycle stages, you could leverage these funnel reports: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/create-custom-funnel-reports

HubSpot also maintains date properties for when a contact enters each stage automatically. These allow for easy reporting.

If that's not an option, you would follow a similar logic for your Lead status property: create a date property for each Lead status value (e.g. Entered SAL date) and use workflow to set the date of the step whenever a contact moves to a new Lead status. In other words, whenever a contact enters a new Lead status, there is a workflow that logs that date into a date property specifically for this Lead status value.

You could then create a report on contacts which had a specific Lead status last month (by filtering for 'Entered SAL date is Last month'), visualizing which Lead status they have now. (You would have to create a report for each Lead status that you're interested in.)

Let me know how that sounds and if you need more detailed instructions.

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

KaKaRoT
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler, thanks for your response. Yes, I'm trying to implement the same logic on the Lead Status property which is in sync with Salesforce. In HubSpot, if I try to build a report for the contacts with each of the lead statuses in a month it doesn't allow me to show a better result.

So I want to know when the lead status date was changed for easy reporting. Can you please help me with the workflow side if say any user changes the lead status to another value what should be the logic in the workflow? A little about it would be really helpful.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KaKaRoT,

It would be as simple as this:

karstenkoehler_0-1675426730509.png

It makes sense to do this for every Lead status, see my earlier reply. The workflow would then look like this (adding branches for each status).

karstenkoehler_1-1675426863817.png

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

KaKaRoT
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler, thanks for this so this will capture the date stamp for any contacts whose lead status is changed? It will show up on the latest date, am I correct?

Also, how can I know the initial value of the contact lead status value? Is there any way to know that?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KaKaRoT,

Yes, going forward, it will log the date of changing the lead status. See above:

[...] use workflow to set the date of the step whenever a contact moves to a new Lead status. In other words, whenever a contact enters a new Lead status, there is a workflow that logs that date into a date property specifically for this Lead status value.

If you want this historically, it's unfortunately a bit more complicated process, exporting property histories, performing a bit of Excel magic and re-importing this information.

@KaKaRoT wrote:

It will show up on the latest date, am I correct?

In each property, yes, it will log the date when the contact entered that lead status.

@KaKaRoT wrote:

Also, how can I know the initial value of the contact lead status value? Is there any way to know that?

There is unfortunately no reliable way to get this information if you're only setting this up now. (HubSpot only stores the history for a while and this involves the export, Excel magic, import described above.)

Best regards

Karsten Köhler