Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

HubSpotMaster
Conselheiro(a) de destaque | Parceiro Diamante
Conselheiro(a) de destaque | Parceiro Diamante

Lead Score - Form Submission Decay

resolver

In our business, we have members that may be signed up for 6 months and end their subscription. Then rejoin a year later. When someone becomes an ex-member we put them back into the lifecylce stage of Lead however their previous form submission activity is captured in lead scoring. 

Is there a best practice for creating score decay with form submissions over time? After 1 year that form submission reduces by the amount, it was bumped up? 

Thanks,

Adam

2 Solução aceitas
Ben_M
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

resolver

I would say it's always best practice for any scoring done in engagement criteria to have a scoring decay on it.  Your instance is a perfect example because someone who submitted the form 6 months ago is not the same score of activity compared to someone who submitted the form 6 days ago.

This would be true for other engagement numbers as well.  When I have worked with clients in the past I would do the same thing for email clicks, website visits, offline marketing campaigns (ie: last event attended), etc., and in many of those cases, I would look at frequency of the events in addition to the recency of the events to create a comprehensive picture of the prospect's current state in the lifecycle.

Exibir solução no post original

MFrankJohnson
Solução
Autoridade no assunto

resolver

To add to what Ben_M said. We also build auto-decay's into most engagement types to help manage lead scoring in context to real-time, but also build in auto-escalation for delayed RE-visitors.

Example:
Someone completes a sign-up form 6 months ago and goes silent. Then, they either RE-visit our site &/or complete an additional engagement. These visitors are typically more responsive to follow-up, so we auto-escalate with an alert to sales (depending on the type of re-visitor behavior encountered).

No hard, fast rules. Lot's of room for creative freedom to better help align marketing and sales.

#nlmtt

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

Exibir solução no post original

6 Respostas 6
MFrankJohnson
Solução
Autoridade no assunto

resolver

To add to what Ben_M said. We also build auto-decay's into most engagement types to help manage lead scoring in context to real-time, but also build in auto-escalation for delayed RE-visitors.

Example:
Someone completes a sign-up form 6 months ago and goes silent. Then, they either RE-visit our site &/or complete an additional engagement. These visitors are typically more responsive to follow-up, so we auto-escalate with an alert to sales (depending on the type of re-visitor behavior encountered).

No hard, fast rules. Lot's of room for creative freedom to better help align marketing and sales.

#nlmtt

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
allieccollins
Colaborador(a)

resolver

I want to decay scores, but am struggling with how. Do you have to date stamp every single touch point, and then put in negative criteria for it based on time? 

I'm so frustrated with Hubspot scoring 😞 it's so underbaked. 

Ben_M

resolver

You don't have to do a negative score for decay. You can do this through the positive scoring as well, just make sure to add a date component to the scoring so that people will be eligible for points when they meet the criteria and lose points when they don't.  If you can post an example, we can show you a real world example of how to do the negative critieria on your property.

ABie
Participante

resolver

Hi Ben, 

If I understand you correctly:

If you add a date field  to a positive score the score will be reduced once the critetia stops being true.
eg:

"Assign 1 point if create date is less than 2 days ago."

This will assign the contact will a score of 1 for 2 days upon creation. After that the score will drop down to the original score. 

Is that correct?

Thanks you, 

Axel

0 Avaliação positiva
Ben_M

resolver

Yes, that's correct.  Once the condition is no longer true the the contact will no longer be eligible for those points.

Ben_M
Solução

resolver

I would say it's always best practice for any scoring done in engagement criteria to have a scoring decay on it.  Your instance is a perfect example because someone who submitted the form 6 months ago is not the same score of activity compared to someone who submitted the form 6 days ago.

This would be true for other engagement numbers as well.  When I have worked with clients in the past I would do the same thing for email clicks, website visits, offline marketing campaigns (ie: last event attended), etc., and in many of those cases, I would look at frequency of the events in addition to the recency of the events to create a comprehensive picture of the prospect's current state in the lifecycle.