Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Amartaprao
Mitglied

Lead Management Techniques for Lost Deals

lösung

Hi, 

I'm looking for some best practice advice on organizing leads that are in my pipeline that is ultimately lost, for now, however, they are good fit companies that haven't gone with another solution. 

Some may be waiting for features, some budget, some just aren't making a decision right now. 

Do I just move them to lost and forget about them, should I create another deal stage for Non-decisions, Should I just create a rule in the business we re-engage with good-fit, lost deals after 3 or 6 months? 

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Phil_Vallender
Lösung
Koryphäe | Diamond Partner

lösung

Hi @Amartaprao 

I recommend that you move the deals to closed lost but:

• Switch 'closed lost reason' to a dropdown select so you can segment lost deals
  • Create a 'closed lost follow up' checkbox property and use that property to enrol contacts into follow up workflows - these could email the contact directly, or create a task for you to contact them, in 6 months for example. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

3 Antworten
gelflex-cc
Autorität

lösung

@Amartaprao I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment from @Phil_Vallender and @Krystina.  My "not interested" right now has a custom lead status for "not interested; then I have a custom filter to not include contact/compies who have the lead status not interested. I use this as there is not a real deal to be "closed lost".

Once upon a time, I used to delete those contacts who were not interested, now I never delete a contact, they get a different persona and lead status. 

0 Upvotes
Krystina
Autorität | Diamond Partner
Autorität | Diamond Partner

lösung

Hi @Amartaprao ,

I agree with Phil's comment. 

You should indeed move them to a close/lost column. You want your pipeline to only account for "real" revenue forecasting purposes. Once they are moved to close/lost you can have automation update their lifecycle stage to "nurturing" and send them to a workflow as Phil mentioned. 

Cheers,

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Krystina Gillenwater
A B2B Revenue Operations (RevOps) Firm.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 15 Minutes with Krystina »
Phil_Vallender
Lösung

lösung

Hi @Amartaprao 

I recommend that you move the deals to closed lost but:

• Switch 'closed lost reason' to a dropdown select so you can segment lost deals
  • Create a 'closed lost follow up' checkbox property and use that property to enrol contacts into follow up workflows - these could email the contact directly, or create a task for you to contact them, in 6 months for example. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency