Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

EbarakHossain
Top Contributor

Lead Generation Campaign and Metrics

SOLVE

Hi, 

I'm planning to start a lead generation campaign with one of my premium content offer (ebook). Please help me set up the campaign in HubSpot.

1. What should be the goal of the campaign (example please)

2. What are the assets to be used in the campaign?

3. What channels should be used to bring exceptional results?

4. What metrics should I analyze the performance of the campaign?

5. What would the best result look like (just an idea for such a great content offer).

Many thanks in advance for your kind assistance. 

/Ebarak

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EbarakHossain,

These are very broad questions and a specific answer depends on your persona, product/services, budget as well as other aspects.

Still, I'll try to provide a few pointers.

The goal of your campaign depends on your overall goal. For example, if you're trying to generate customers for your product or service, a campaign goal could be more marketing qualified leads (MQL) or product qualified leads (PQL). In general, I'd recommend seeing the bigger picture. It doesn't make sense, for example, to focus on getting as many email opens for your promotional email. It would make more sense to focus on converting as many contacts who've downloaded the whitepaper to book a meeting.

As far as the assets of a campaign go, a simple one would include a landing page, a thank you page with the actual offer, social media posts to promote the landing page and a promotional email to eligible contacts. This could be extended by paid social, a follow-up nurturing workflow etc.

The channels depend entirely on where your persona consumes content. In B2B, that is usually LinkedIn an email, in B2C Instagram, Facebook, TikTok.

Regarding metrics, you want to try to align these as closely as possible with your goals. If your overall goal is to generate more MQLs, look at the lead to MQL conversion rate and the total number of MQLs, for example.

Looking at your last question, this again depends a lot on your target group and persona. A good reality check is to ask yourself whether you'd enjoy consuming your own content. If you don't, that's not a good sign. Consumers and buyers have become very critical, you want to stand out with high quality, helpful and relevant content.

For inspiration, you can always check the campaigns / conversion paths of your competitors and favorite brands and companies.

Maybe not as specific as you'd like the answers to be but I hope this helps.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EbarakHossain,

These are very broad questions and a specific answer depends on your persona, product/services, budget as well as other aspects.

Still, I'll try to provide a few pointers.

The goal of your campaign depends on your overall goal. For example, if you're trying to generate customers for your product or service, a campaign goal could be more marketing qualified leads (MQL) or product qualified leads (PQL). In general, I'd recommend seeing the bigger picture. It doesn't make sense, for example, to focus on getting as many email opens for your promotional email. It would make more sense to focus on converting as many contacts who've downloaded the whitepaper to book a meeting.

As far as the assets of a campaign go, a simple one would include a landing page, a thank you page with the actual offer, social media posts to promote the landing page and a promotional email to eligible contacts. This could be extended by paid social, a follow-up nurturing workflow etc.

The channels depend entirely on where your persona consumes content. In B2B, that is usually LinkedIn an email, in B2C Instagram, Facebook, TikTok.

Regarding metrics, you want to try to align these as closely as possible with your goals. If your overall goal is to generate more MQLs, look at the lead to MQL conversion rate and the total number of MQLs, for example.

Looking at your last question, this again depends a lot on your target group and persona. A good reality check is to ask yourself whether you'd enjoy consuming your own content. If you don't, that's not a good sign. Consumers and buyers have become very critical, you want to stand out with high quality, helpful and relevant content.

For inspiration, you can always check the campaigns / conversion paths of your competitors and favorite brands and companies.

Maybe not as specific as you'd like the answers to be but I hope this helps.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

EbarakHossain
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Many thanks boss @karstenkoehler for your detailed explanation. It surely enhanced my understanding of Campaign. Looking forward to getting more such help from you. Cheers!