Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Tessa3
Participant

Keep track of failed login attempts

Is it possible to keep track of the failed login attempts? 

For our IT Security we are obligated to keep track of this to see if an account might be hacked... I was wondering if there is a report to you can run, or receive emails about this every month?

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Tessa3
Participant

Keep track of failed login attempts

Vicotria from HubSpot reached out to me with the answer, see below if you were looking for this too!

Hi Tessa,

In continuing to look into this for you, I realized that you should be able to see failed login attempts by exporting your login history (it's a new feature, so I didn't think of it initially). This can't be automated to send to you every month, but you can export all logins to your account - failed or otherwise - with these steps:

• Navigate to Settings > Account defaults here
  • Under Security, click Export Login History
  • This will give you an overview of pertinent information of each login attempt, including its location and whether or not it succeeded

I would recommend exporting this .csv monthly to keep tabs on patterns in logging in. For heightened security, I would still recommend enabling two-factor authentication across your users. Let me know if you need any further clarification, or if there is any further help I can be to you on this issue, and I will be happy to provide it.

Best,

Victoria

0 Upvotes