Is there going to be a Starter or Free Edition of the Customer Hub?

chowes
Participant

The subject is pretty self-explanatory, but I'm interested in understanding the pricing structure. While I definitely see the value of this offering, I think that making the entry level for this at the Professional level sets it apart from the rest of HubSpot's offerings -- and not in a good way.  Let me explain.

I run the sales and marketing for a smallish company. I use HubSpot marketing Basic and Sales Pro... I love both of them, but they are quite expensive compared to the tools I was using before. I can justify the costs because HubSpot customer support is top-notch and the tools work pretty well. However, my entry to both of these tools was through the Marketing Free and Sales Free tiers. I used them for a while to let my team get used to them and let me know if they liked it. It also gave me time to figure out whether it was worth it for us to invest in these tools (time+money). 

For the Customer Hub, I would probably do the same thing. I don't have a dedicated Customer Success person yet. I would probably use these tools to enable some of my delivery support team to communicate better with our customers. I don't need 5 users and I certainly don't need the full versions of all of the tools. I want to try this out for 4-6 months to get everyone using it, first so that I can calculate the ROI. I'm not saying it has to be free and I'm perfectly okay with a Starter package for 1 user. However, if the entry point is top-tier, this tool isn't an option for me and means I won't be using this tool for at least another 12-18 months while I'm building a customer success team. I'll probably enable them with another set of tools that offer me to pay-as-you-grow model since I don't have this option at the moment with HubSpot. 

I'm sure I'm not the only one of your customers with this view. I would imagine a large portion of your premium customers started small with your tools and scaled up. I hope this is just a launch-day thing and not a harbinger of things to come when new tools are launched. 

Thanks for reading. 

1 Reply 1
ngurney
Contributor

This was something that was promised at Inbound 2017, and I have been told by the sales team at HubSpot that there will be a free version by the end of the year. 

Seems like they are trying to trick everyone into paying $400/month before handing out some of the features for free.