Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

ShaniaHopkins
Participant

Introduction

SOLVE

Hello everyone!

I work on the marketing team for a Michigan construction company specializing in steel buildings. We recently purchased HubSpot and are trying to navigate all the different types of tools for sales and marketing. I have been with this company for a little over two years and we are experiencing exponential growth which comes with *positive* pinch points!

We're hoping some automation for our sales and marketing team will help nurture our good leads while bringing them to the right person and filter out the ones we no longer wish to target.

I have been diving into optimizing our Google ads while learning HubSpot (lots to learn in both places) as well as currently working on video editing and filming to increase our video presence with customer/subcontractor testimonials.

I was hoping to connect with someone that has set up their HubSpot for nurturing lower volume but high-quality leads. One gained customer through marketing efforts covers our marketing costs 10 fold given the nature of scale in what we provide. 

Additionally, we have a primary focus on returned customers and intended to utilize segmentation to generate follow-ups as a way to maintain relationships with our current customers. Things such as sending birthday wishes, holiday greetings, and "thinking of you" campaigns.

As everyone else wishes, we have a goal of shortening the sales process in order to dive into projects sooner. With that, we are hoping to integrate our estimating department into HubSpot to have a central hub for all leads and potential deals. 

There is a lot to learn and I can't wait to become a HubSpot pro!

Thanks, 

Shania

1 Accepted solution
Drew_Cohen
Solution
Top Contributor

Introduction

SOLVE

Thanks for tagging me in @MiaSrebrnjak.

@ShaniaHopkins - great to meet you. I can absolutely relate to the journey you're embarking on. I personally spent time advising a few companies in the design/build space, so I understand the complexity around building lead nurturing strategies for a lower volume but high value base of leads.

With this in mind, my recommendation is to really focus on the type of information that your organization uses to identify who are the types of leads you want to focus on. If you identify this information that you want to capture/track in your CRM, the segmentation and/or scoring element that follows this becomes significantly easier. Using some of the examples you mentioned above such as birthday wishes, holiday information, etc., here are some things to consider:

• Birthday wishes
    • Ensure that you are capturing birthdays on each contact record and use a date-based workflow that automatically sends emails to contacts on their birthday. Using the power of personalization tokens, you can add some additional one-to-one feel as well.
  • Holidays
    • Using similar logic as above, you can attempt to automate certain holiday greetings to contacts. You could consider having different workflows for each holiday you want to send messaging for.
  • Random thinking of you messaging
    • Using a tactic like this is powerful because you can use engagement properties such as pageviews or engagement with specific marketing assets as a trigger for additional messaging. As an example, if you have a customer that has a closed won deal that closed more than 6 months ago but they haven't engaged with any of your content or visited your website, that could be a trigger for an automated message that lets them know you're thinking of them, that you'd love to connect and hear how their experience is so far, etc. This is a great way to engage your customers, identify churn risks early, and ensure that you're able to pivot if necessary. Lastly, instead of automating the messaging to the customer here, the workflow can simply send an internal notification to your team's contact owner and they can call or email in a one-to-one format instead.

Hopefully some of this is helpful to get you started. Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn as well.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduction

SOLVE

Hi @ShaniaHopkins,

welcome to the Community!

I want to tag a couple of subject matter experts to see if they have any advice for a successful lead nurturing strategy: 

hi @Drew_Cohen@Aakar@DavidDennison, Shania is looking for best practices around lead nurturing - lower volume but high-quality leads. Do you have any tips you can share with us? Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

Drew_Cohen
Solution
Top Contributor

Introduction

SOLVE

Thanks for tagging me in @MiaSrebrnjak.

@ShaniaHopkins - great to meet you. I can absolutely relate to the journey you're embarking on. I personally spent time advising a few companies in the design/build space, so I understand the complexity around building lead nurturing strategies for a lower volume but high value base of leads.

With this in mind, my recommendation is to really focus on the type of information that your organization uses to identify who are the types of leads you want to focus on. If you identify this information that you want to capture/track in your CRM, the segmentation and/or scoring element that follows this becomes significantly easier. Using some of the examples you mentioned above such as birthday wishes, holiday information, etc., here are some things to consider:

• Birthday wishes
    • Ensure that you are capturing birthdays on each contact record and use a date-based workflow that automatically sends emails to contacts on their birthday. Using the power of personalization tokens, you can add some additional one-to-one feel as well.
  • Holidays
    • Using similar logic as above, you can attempt to automate certain holiday greetings to contacts. You could consider having different workflows for each holiday you want to send messaging for.
  • Random thinking of you messaging
    • Using a tactic like this is powerful because you can use engagement properties such as pageviews or engagement with specific marketing assets as a trigger for additional messaging. As an example, if you have a customer that has a closed won deal that closed more than 6 months ago but they haven't engaged with any of your content or visited your website, that could be a trigger for an automated message that lets them know you're thinking of them, that you'd love to connect and hear how their experience is so far, etc. This is a great way to engage your customers, identify churn risks early, and ensure that you're able to pivot if necessary. Lastly, instead of automating the messaging to the customer here, the workflow can simply send an internal notification to your team's contact owner and they can call or email in a one-to-one format instead.

Hopefully some of this is helpful to get you started. Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn as well.