Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

TPatterson5

Internal (within our company) form capture

SOLVE

I am new to Hubspot. We want to use some forms on our site via Hubsopot that are for internal use only. We want feedback from our employees. We don't want to mix this data in with our customer data. Is there a way to create a seperate area/list/database to house these submissions?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @TPatterson5,

Yes, this is possible. If you create a separate specific form, you can build a list of contacts who have submitted this form. You could also exclude contacts who submitted this form (or are on the list) from any other list you're using for actual customer processes.

Keep in mind that the HubSpot calendar sync will automatically sync calendar events of users who have connected their calendar, once HubSpot finds a contact record for a calendar event participant. For example, I am a contact in your CRM, we have a meeting next week. If you have connected your calendar to HubSpot, this meeting would show up on my contact record. There are exceptions to this, see the yellow infobox at the end of this article: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/integrations/use-hubspots-integration-with-google-calendar-or-outlook-...

So the issue is not so much to create a list and exclude it from customer processes. It's more the employee privacy side of things.

My recommendation is to only start using HubSpot for employee processes after reviewing the use case and requirements with HR. By default, HubSpot tracks a lot.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

deepikaverma
Solution
Guide | Partner
Guide | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @TPatterson5 
Yes, you can segregate your internal employees by using the list filters. Make an active list with the following filters.

- Email domain end with ( your company domain)
- and Filled out the ( form name)

I hope it helps!
Thank you

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
deepikaverma
Solution
Guide | Partner
Guide | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @TPatterson5 
Yes, you can segregate your internal employees by using the list filters. Make an active list with the following filters.

- Email domain end with ( your company domain)
- and Filled out the ( form name)

I hope it helps!
Thank you

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @TPatterson5,

Yes, this is possible. If you create a separate specific form, you can build a list of contacts who have submitted this form. You could also exclude contacts who submitted this form (or are on the list) from any other list you're using for actual customer processes.

Keep in mind that the HubSpot calendar sync will automatically sync calendar events of users who have connected their calendar, once HubSpot finds a contact record for a calendar event participant. For example, I am a contact in your CRM, we have a meeting next week. If you have connected your calendar to HubSpot, this meeting would show up on my contact record. There are exceptions to this, see the yellow infobox at the end of this article: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/integrations/use-hubspots-integration-with-google-calendar-or-outlook-...

So the issue is not so much to create a list and exclude it from customer processes. It's more the employee privacy side of things.

My recommendation is to only start using HubSpot for employee processes after reviewing the use case and requirements with HR. By default, HubSpot tracks a lot.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.