Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Colin_Perry
Contributor

Internal copy of transactional email

SOLVE

When someone makes a purchase through our website they will receive an order confirmation email, which has been set up as a transactional email triggered through a workflow.  We also need a copy of that email sent to an internal email address but I can't find any options within the workflow.

Any suggestions how we can get that done?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Colin_Perry,

You could set up the compliance email and use filtered rules in the receiving inbox to delete anything that's not relevant. Not exactly lean but it would do the trick.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
Colin_Perry
Contributor

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler Thanks Karsten.  I did look at adding another action but couldn't see one that would do it.  On my list under choose an action there isn't one for 'internal marketing email send'.  I have 'send internal email notification' but that doesn't give the option to send a copy of the email.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Colin_Perry,

Are you on Marketing Hub Professional or Enterprise? What object is the workflow based on?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Colin_Perry
Contributor

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler Marketing Hub Enterprise and the workflow is based in a Deal enrollment

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Colin_Perry,

This option is only available in contact-based workflows, is it possible to trigger the email send from a contact-based workflow?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

Colin_Perry
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler 

Unfortunatley not possible to trigger from the contact.  A contact could have multiple deals and each of those deals could be updated by the customer taking additional actions, so it needs to be triggered by the deal to enable workflow re-enrollment on updates.

Seems like a basic bit of functionality that isn't simple.  Maybe not a great upgrade for us from SendGrid where this was just easy to do!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Colin_Perry,

You could set up the compliance email and use filtered rules in the receiving inbox to delete anything that's not relevant. Not exactly lean but it would do the trick.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Colin_Perry,

The best option here would be to update your workflow to include another action. Right after the send of the transactional email, add a step to send an internal marketing email send, select the same automated email and specify the internal recipient.

(When you send an internal marketing email, HubSpot will populate the email with the information from the enrolled contact but you can specify another recipient email address.)

It's not the exact same email (as in: it's not a BCC), but it's an exact copy of the email content.

HubSpot does have a compliance email feature but it can't be limited to specific types of email sends: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/set-up-a-compliance-copy-email

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler