Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

KatieEnzweiler

Incentive progatm

SOLVE

We want to develop an incentive program for our sales reps (B2B) to use HS. Has any one has success in doing this? If so, I'd love to connect!

3 Accepted solutions
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Incentive progatm

SOLVE

Hi @KatieEnzweiler 

I don't know how it was handled on the incentives side, but as the in-house go to for HubSpot, I helped create the structure for the useage/adoption side of HubSpot for the sales team.

Some things to consider as you determine what criteria equates to useage/adoption success:

• HubSpot Academy - required to maintain Inbound Sales Certification
    • bonuses for Sales Software and other sales related certifications you deem appropriate
  • create a dashboard for each individual to track their own useage, but include team metrics so they can see how they stack up
  • Identify the most active HubSpot user and incentivise them first to get certified and be your allstar. Let them know you're creating a program and want their help to create the program
    • input from them will help create better buy-in and help you know if you're headed in the right direction
  • determine the frequency - are you basing it on daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly activity? what increment will drive useage most effectively for your sales process? will this change over time as useage increases?
  • have clear goals outlined for what a successful user looks like

There are so many extremely experienced members of the community who could provide much more insight, hopefully this helps get the conversation going!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

RJaglan
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Incentive progatm

SOLVE

Hi @KatieEnzweiler 

We had a similar problem during the pandemic time where we were finding different ways & solutions to engage sales reps (B2B) to increase their knowledge for a better understanding of HubSpot as a tool and also to be able to use HS to give a good demo to lead/prospects.

Now it's just for learning HS but not for reaching "target quarterly quotas" but it has a direct impact on their sales enablement. I introduced a Gamification model consisting of HS certificates (must-have) + Miro Board (for HS use cases industry based & also Hub Base ) +  Incentives like a monthly subscription plan for the home-workout app or a meditation app or even take a day off for social benefits + separate dashboards for each rep to see overall performance after a month.

Using this framework did 3 things for us:

• Improved overall confidence for sales Rep when it comes to HS
  • Reduced CAC value for overall business
  • Increased MRR 

It all depends on your end goal (what you want to achieve with the incentive program + how much resources & time you have to invest in the incentive program) I know convincing leaders & stakeholders is hard when it comes to cash flow in business and adjusting incentive programs.

Our north star was to make our "sales rep confident with 3 Hubs in HS" that they can use for personal use cases as well. Hope this was helpful. 

You already got amazing insights from @Jnix284 regarding the usage/adoption side and structure for performance review. Hopefully, other community members will be able to give you more insights as well.

Mahesh_R
Solution
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Incentive progatm

SOLVE

We used Operations Hub to calculate incentives for the sales team based on complex logic and structure. Would be happy to get on a call and understand more about your requirement. You can reach out to us at 

mahesh@blueoshan.com

3 Replies 3
Mahesh_R
Solution

Incentive progatm

SOLVE

We used Operations Hub to calculate incentives for the sales team based on complex logic and structure. Would be happy to get on a call and understand more about your requirement. You can reach out to us at 

mahesh@blueoshan.com

RJaglan
Solution

Incentive progatm

SOLVE

Hi @KatieEnzweiler 

We had a similar problem during the pandemic time where we were finding different ways & solutions to engage sales reps (B2B) to increase their knowledge for a better understanding of HubSpot as a tool and also to be able to use HS to give a good demo to lead/prospects.

Now it's just for learning HS but not for reaching "target quarterly quotas" but it has a direct impact on their sales enablement. I introduced a Gamification model consisting of HS certificates (must-have) + Miro Board (for HS use cases industry based & also Hub Base ) +  Incentives like a monthly subscription plan for the home-workout app or a meditation app or even take a day off for social benefits + separate dashboards for each rep to see overall performance after a month.

Using this framework did 3 things for us:

• Improved overall confidence for sales Rep when it comes to HS
  • Reduced CAC value for overall business
  • Increased MRR 

It all depends on your end goal (what you want to achieve with the incentive program + how much resources & time you have to invest in the incentive program) I know convincing leaders & stakeholders is hard when it comes to cash flow in business and adjusting incentive programs.

Our north star was to make our "sales rep confident with 3 Hubs in HS" that they can use for personal use cases as well. Hope this was helpful. 

You already got amazing insights from @Jnix284 regarding the usage/adoption side and structure for performance review. Hopefully, other community members will be able to give you more insights as well.

Jnix284
Solution

Incentive progatm

SOLVE

Hi @KatieEnzweiler 

I don't know how it was handled on the incentives side, but as the in-house go to for HubSpot, I helped create the structure for the useage/adoption side of HubSpot for the sales team.

Some things to consider as you determine what criteria equates to useage/adoption success:

• HubSpot Academy - required to maintain Inbound Sales Certification
    • bonuses for Sales Software and other sales related certifications you deem appropriate
  • create a dashboard for each individual to track their own useage, but include team metrics so they can see how they stack up
  • Identify the most active HubSpot user and incentivise them first to get certified and be your allstar. Let them know you're creating a program and want their help to create the program
    • input from them will help create better buy-in and help you know if you're headed in the right direction
  • determine the frequency - are you basing it on daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly activity? what increment will drive useage most effectively for your sales process? will this change over time as useage increases?
  • have clear goals outlined for what a successful user looks like

There are so many extremely experienced members of the community who could provide much more insight, hopefully this helps get the conversation going!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin