Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

kvlschaefer
Gestionnaire de communauté

Inbound Calling for Customer Support and Customer Service Teams â€ŒđŸ–„â€Œâ€ŒđŸŽ§â€Œ

Hey Community, 

How do you approach your customer service or customer support strategy? Do you have a single support channel or a multi-support channel? Regardless of the stage, you’re at or the size of your business, an inbound calling channel is a fundamental part of customer service and customer support.

What if we told you that HubSpot’s new inbound calling feature could centralize your customer service channels all while recording customer calls in your CRM for reps to follow up and for managers to coach new hires?

What are the components of building an inbound call strategy? How do inbound calls differ from outbound calls?

• Inbound Calling vs Outbound Calling: Inbound calling is initiated by the customer while outbound calling is initiated by the customer service representative. 
  • Customer Support vs Customer Service: If you are building a strategy for a customer support team, offering an inbound calling channel is vital for customer experience since the function of a customer support agent is to react. Customer Service on the other hand offers advice to customers after they make a purchase. Will you offer inbound calling for customer service representatives or offer outbound calling? 
  • Types of Calls and Headcount: What kinds of calls are you expecting your reps to take? What does your headcount look like? Do you have reps who only take inbound calls or do they also offer outbound calls?
  • Scalability: Consider if offering inbound calling to your entire customer base is feasible as your company grows. Think about your rep's workload, your customer’s lifecycle stage and most importantly your budget. Regardless, you should offer a toll-free number for all of your customers. 
  • Metrics: How many calls do you expect your reps to take a day? What is your SLA for customer follow up? Will you use send an NPS or CSAT survey to customers to gauge their experience? 

These are just a few of the components of inbound calling that you’ll want to consider as you create an inbound calling strategy and team. 

Share your inbound sales calling strategies below, or new ideas you are looking to use them for. 

Do you want to get started with Inbound Calling? Check out these resources to set up Inbound Calling and learn more:

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
7 RĂ©ponses
NDemir2
Participant

Inbound Calling for Customer Support and Customer Service Teams â€ŒđŸ–„â€Œâ€ŒđŸŽ§â€Œ

Hi. thank you for your post. I cant find the setup where I can call receive inbound calls from Hubspot numbers. How do I setup to receive HubSpot calls? 

kvlschaefer

Hi @NDemir2,

You're welcome! 

Have you tried out the steps in this set-up calling on HubSpot guide

Thank you,

Kristen

0 Votes
Kierstin
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Any details on how to auto-generate a ticket from the inbound calls? I see quite a few integrated apps that do this, but I'm thinking we should be able to do it without them now that you have these new calling features. 

kvlschaefer

Hi @Kierstin,

Thanks for reaching out!

This isn't a native feature yet, but I think that this is a great suggestion for our product team! I would encourage you to submit your suggestion to the ideas forum. If you decide to post your idea, please feel free to add it to this thread so we can upvote it for you 🙂  Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Kierstin

kvlschaefer

Thank you, @Kierstin!

I've upvoted it 🙂 

0 Votes
MiaSrebrnjak

Awesome, thank you for sharing @kvlschaefer👍 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen Ànderst

Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings