Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

PFord6

Importing an excel spreadsheet into contacts

SOLVE

Hello!  I am trying to upload an excel spreadsheet into Hubspot's contacts and when I get to "MAP" I correct the columns and won't let me move past the MAP category to Details.  All columns are showing MAPPED.  Any suggestions.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
franksteiner79
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @PFord6 

Could you share a screenshot of what you are seeing? If all columns are mappedmyou should be able to move to the next step, which is at the bottom right of the import screen.

What object types are you importing? 

What does does it say above the mapping table - if for example you selected update and create records but don't have the necessary unique identifier in your import file, this will keep you from continuing as HubSpot will be unable to deduplicate the import.

I hope that helps.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
PFord6

SOLVE

Frank!  That is exactly what it was!  Thank you!

0 Upvotes
franksteiner79
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @PFord6 

Could you share a screenshot of what you are seeing? If all columns are mappedmyou should be able to move to the next step, which is at the bottom right of the import screen.

What object types are you importing? 

What does does it say above the mapping table - if for example you selected update and create records but don't have the necessary unique identifier in your import file, this will keep you from continuing as HubSpot will be unable to deduplicate the import.

I hope that helps.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

InboundPro

0 Upvotes
PFord6

SOLVE

Hi Frank!  Thank you so much for the reply.  I attached the screen shot (on the left-I have 2 screens) so everything is sayng "mapped" and the bottom right is a "next" button but it is not able to be selected.

PFord6_0-1692708576390.png

0 Upvotes
franksteiner79
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @PFord6 

Thanks, can you answer the other questions:

• What object types are you importing?
  • How are you importing - update and create record, create only, etc.?
  • What does it say above the mapping table? It usually tells you if necessary unique identifiers are missing.

Thanks

Frank

Frank Steiner

InboundPro

0 Upvotes
PFord6

SOLVE

Hi Frank,

I am importing a very simple excel file that is a mailing list.  Create and update contacts.  Above the mapping table it says "Contacts can't be imported.  Required properties not mapped" but when I fix it, now "Mapped" is checked under every category and "Next" is still not illuminated to move to the next screen.

0 Upvotes
franksteiner79
Key Advisor

SOLVE

One thing I am not seeing in the screenshot is either an email or record-id.

If you want to create and update records either of those is needed in order for HubSpot to deduplicate records. Sounds like to me like this might be the reason...

Frank Steiner

InboundPro

0 Upvotes
PFord6

SOLVE

That may be it.  This is a new platform for me so perhaps I'll enter my email to be able to load it and change it as I get it.  Thank you for your time.

0 Upvotes