Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

CMcEachern3

Importing a Static List and Wanting to Assign "Netline" as the lead source

SOLVE

Hi Community,

I'm trying to setup my hubspot import file so that I am capturing the Original Source as "offline source" and then id that source as Netline.

Busted Solution A: I thought I could use the drill down properties but it appears I can't actually write values into them in the import.

Busted Solution B: I thought I could use the "marketing contact type source" properties but it looks like can't write into them either with a static list

Any ideas? (Besides the option to sync Netline and Hubspot, which I can do but would like to see if there's a solution available for list imports in general).

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CMcEachern3,

You're correct, the editing capabilities do not extend to the original source drilldown properties, see also this product update. You'd have to create a custom property to store this information. Keep in mind that HubSpot's sources reports that are based on the original source properties will not show this custom property by default and in most of them, it couldn't be added either. If the sync is a feasible option, then it should give you better reporting.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CMcEachern3,

You're correct, the editing capabilities do not extend to the original source drilldown properties, see also this product update. You'd have to create a custom property to store this information. Keep in mind that HubSpot's sources reports that are based on the original source properties will not show this custom property by default and in most of them, it couldn't be added either. If the sync is a feasible option, then it should give you better reporting.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.