Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

DStylianou

Importing Company CRM Data, how do I format field in the file for Dropdown list?

SOLVE

I'm about to do my first file import of company data and am formating the import file. There is a property in Hubspot that I need to use which is a dropdown list. I need to map a column in the import file to that property

Does anyone know how to format the import file so that the column is picked up by the drop down property correctly?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Importing Company CRM Data, how do I format field in the file for Dropdown list?

SOLVE

Hi @DStylianou,

Are you importing into a radio select or checkbox property? For multiple checkboxes , the formatting of values would look like this:

;scissors;hedgers;clippers

Add a semicolon before the first value, and then, between each additional value (;value 2;value 3; value 4). This is also explained in the knowledgebase.

If you're seeing an error message, you can check whether there's a mismatch between the label of a value and the internal value, see for example these Buying role values:

karstenkoehler_0-1619596143609.png

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DStylianou,

Are you importing into a radio select or checkbox property? For multiple checkboxes , the formatting of values would look like this:

;scissors;hedgers;clippers

Add a semicolon before the first value, and then, between each additional value (;value 2;value 3; value 4). This is also explained in the knowledgebase.

If you're seeing an error message, you can check whether there's a mismatch between the label of a value and the internal value, see for example these Buying role values:

karstenkoehler_0-1619596143609.png

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

DStylianou

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

Thanks for explaining that but it's the radio select option I need to figure out

DStylianou_0-1619606732273.png

How to get my import file to upload my data for this, let me know if you have any advice.

Thanks

Dino

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DStylianou,

In that case you would simply add the internal value into the cell of a column with the name of the property:

karstenkoehler_0-1619607384481.png

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler