Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

TPuehringer
Membre

Import HTML or formatted rich text into a custom richtext field for contacts

Résolue

Hello,

does anybody have an idea how to import richtext or html from an external source into the company or contact Module.

We have 2 Info Fields in HTML/Richtext in our existing crm and want to transfer the content to our new hubsport account

There is no fieldtype HTML for custom fields only richtext.

How can we import our existing data?

Kind Regards Thomas

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
danmoyle
Solution
Membre irremplaçable | Partenaire solutions Elite

Résolue

HI @TPuehringer. With the recent upgrade to properties to include rich text, I'd think this is possible. A couple of resources with news about the upgrade: 

In that second link, there's this: 

Rich text: stores stylized text and images. Format options include bold, italic, underline, text colors, font types and sizes, numbered and bulleted lists, paragraph indentation, hyperlinks, and images. By default, rich text data is rendered as a paragraph, so rich text property values are best used as separate paragraphs in your content rather than as inline text.

If I were in your shoes, I'd create that property in HubSpot as rich text, then go back to the import and ensure the import file includes what I need in those cells and try the upload. Hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

1 Réponse
danmoyle
Solution

Résolue

HI @TPuehringer. With the recent upgrade to properties to include rich text, I'd think this is possible. A couple of resources with news about the upgrade: 

In that second link, there's this: 

Rich text: stores stylized text and images. Format options include bold, italic, underline, text colors, font types and sizes, numbered and bulleted lists, paragraph indentation, hyperlinks, and images. By default, rich text data is rendered as a paragraph, so rich text property values are best used as separate paragraphs in your content rather than as inline text.

If I were in your shoes, I'd create that property in HubSpot as rich text, then go back to the import and ensure the import file includes what I need in those cells and try the upload. Hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/