Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

jberger
Mitglied

Ideas for capturing leads of prospects who are seeking a distributor on our website

lösung

Hi HS Community, 

We have a tricky situation that we'd really value the community’s advice on. Here it is in as much of a nutshell as possible: 

• We are a manufacturing company that sells its products through a distribution network.
  • We have a Sales Team who nurtures relationships with the end-users of our products and pushes those sales back through our distribution partners. 
  • We list our distributors on our website, with a zip code locator so end-users visiting our site can find their local distributor.
  • Having our distributors on our website is a value-add for our distribution partners, one that we couldn’t take away without uproar.

We are trying to increase our intimacy with end-users. If we hold those relationships, we are able to drive the demand for our product. 

Our conundrum: We want to capture the contact information of these end-users so we can nurture the relationship with our sales team, whilst still providing the end-user with the distributor information that they are looking for.

We don’t think having the distributor locator gated behind a form is the right way to go, but we are stumped for ideas on how to easily provide our end-users the information they want, while still capturing their lead information.

We’d love to know how some others have handled this situation, or if you aren’t in this situation but have a good idea we’d be very glad to hear it.

Many thanks,

Jess, Flexco

https://www.flexco.com/NA/EN/Flexco/Contact-Us/Distributors.htm

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
mherschberger
Lösung
Teilnehmer/-in | Elite Partner

Ideas for capturing leads of prospects who are seeking a distributor on our website

lösung

Would you be able to replace the contact information in your Distributors list with a CTA for a form submission like "request a quote/have them contact me"? That way you could provide the list of your distributors still and promote them to your website visitors but control the contact process (to a certain extent) and then hand those leads over to your distributors. Not sure if that would negatively effect your relationship with your distributors but it's something that would give you more power when it came to building your database.

G2 crowd and other review sites do this often, taking advantage of the fact that they're getting massive amounts of traffic and "gating" the contact requests so that they can then sell them to companies as leads.

I help people inside and outside of my agency get the absolute most out of their work through effective strategy and execution alongside interpersonal interactions.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

2 Antworten
mherschberger
Lösung

lösung

Would you be able to replace the contact information in your Distributors list with a CTA for a form submission like "request a quote/have them contact me"? That way you could provide the list of your distributors still and promote them to your website visitors but control the contact process (to a certain extent) and then hand those leads over to your distributors. Not sure if that would negatively effect your relationship with your distributors but it's something that would give you more power when it came to building your database.

G2 crowd and other review sites do this often, taking advantage of the fact that they're getting massive amounts of traffic and "gating" the contact requests so that they can then sell them to companies as leads.

I help people inside and outside of my agency get the absolute most out of their work through effective strategy and execution alongside interpersonal interactions.
Ben_M
Autorität

lösung

There's definitely ways you can explore capturing the information you need and getting closer to the customers you service.  There are even everyday brands you can compare yourself to who work through a distribution network and don't sell directly. Think about the last time you brought laundry detergent. Tide is an example of a product that you buy through distribution channels because you would buy this from a retailer like Walmart.  Or think about buying potato chips from a grocery store.

While those examples are targeted in B2C, at the end of the day the individuals at the business are consumers who have roles within their organization. You may not be able to offer coupons like a retailer may do, but you could certainly follow the lead about different ways of becoming engaged with their communities and social following by becoming trusted thought leaders. 

Another thing to consider is if you have product registration with your products that is a way to gather information about who is using your product or where it's being shipped to.

One final idea I have is to partner with your partners on an email campaign. Whether it be, thought leadership, or an announcement of an upcoming product, find a way to engage through your distribution channels to lead traffic to your site where you can capture the recipients information so that you can market to them.