Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

jezreelalvarez

Ideal Number of Leads Per Company

SOLVE

Hi,

I am new here and I am not sure if this has been answered before (I tried seacrhing in the previous post but couldn't find any) or if these questions are even allowed in here - so my apologies in advance.

I work for a start up FinTech company and we mostly speak with either HR or Finance as we offer a Financial Benefit for employees. We are having trouble getting a meeting with the right Point of Contact (POC) as most of them are unresponsive. So our goal right now is to reach out to people inside the company (maximum of 10 people) that could potentially endorse us to the right people. My questions are, Is there a best practice on what specific departments we should target - ideally who can best endorse us to the right POCs? And, Is our idea of reaching out to 10 people in a company acceptable?

I would appreciate your insights, guys! Thank you!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jezreelalvarez,

Great question, and one where it's hard to provide a general answer. As is often the case: it depends.

The learnings that you've shared are valuable context. I wouldn't focus on a specific number of influencers in a company, however. This would be a pure numbers game, not taking into account any other preferences, circumstances, challenges of the decision maker you're trying to reach. They might be open to recommendation and influence, they also might not be. In the latter case, trying to win a numbers game might not work.

I'd recommend to define the exact profile of these buyer personas first. The decision maker, the influencer, etc. – this exercise should give you enough context to formulate your best messaging, define what helpful content means for a specific persona and maybe even identify a direct means of communication with the decision maker.

Without having all of the context, you could be on the perfect track already of course. You could explore account based marketing strategies and tactics for ideas on how to best get to your decision maker.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
jezreelalvarez

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

Greatly appreciate the prompt response to my questions.

These are valuable insights. I agree on taking other things into account. I'll make sure to share the links that you have shared to my team and hopefully we'll be able to come up with strategies on how to effectively approach our potential leads.

Cheers!

Jez Alvarez

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jezreelalvarez,

Great question, and one where it's hard to provide a general answer. As is often the case: it depends.

The learnings that you've shared are valuable context. I wouldn't focus on a specific number of influencers in a company, however. This would be a pure numbers game, not taking into account any other preferences, circumstances, challenges of the decision maker you're trying to reach. They might be open to recommendation and influence, they also might not be. In the latter case, trying to win a numbers game might not work.

I'd recommend to define the exact profile of these buyer personas first. The decision maker, the influencer, etc. – this exercise should give you enough context to formulate your best messaging, define what helpful content means for a specific persona and maybe even identify a direct means of communication with the decision maker.

Without having all of the context, you could be on the perfect track already of course. You could explore account based marketing strategies and tactics for ideas on how to best get to your decision maker.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes