Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

EnesCinar
投稿者

IP Time Zone Property

Hi all,

As you know, email marketing is one of the powerful channels for marketers to boost revenue generation and brand awareness. According to Gartner, "Email has long had an excellent reputation for delivering in terms of ROI, but in a new report, just 47% of marketers rate it as an effective channel."

As Hubspot mentioned and it's obvious that we need to bump into prospects' inboxes at the right time and the day to enhance the open rate and also click rate for the email marketing success. Therefore, we need to schedule our emails based on our recipients' time zone.

However, I have challenges with utilizing this perfect service. As you know (or you can check HubSpot blog), HubSpot sends these emails according to the contact's "IP time zone" property. And most of the contact's (nearly half of the database)  IP time zone property is empty or missing. So what? We are sending emails to some clients at 3.00 AM!?

Do you have any best practices for this adjustment? How can I enrich this data or how can I increase the number of contacts with IP time zone information?

SUGGESTION

We are capturing country information of the prospects via forms. Therefore, my suggestion is maybe we can create a workflow or another method to add a time zone for the contacts whose IP time zone property is missing by using their Country info. However, HubSpot does not support that and also we can't edit it.

Best

3件の返信
auto-mate
トップ投稿者

IP Time Zone Property

I made this same request to my (wonderful) Hubspot account person earlier this year - because most of our customer data comes from other intregrated systems we have country but no IP time zone stamp - this is a feature we would really love to have. It also seems like a relatively easy one.

"Ability to edit IP timezone via workflow"

0 いいね!
DJWeller44
メンバー

IP Time Zone Property

I too found HS time zone info to be almost useless..  My solution was to create a custom property  TZone  which i populated by importing.  Externally I have a gSheet with a table of all Area Codes in the USA and the time zone for each Area Code.  Thus I can lookup the time zone and the GMT offset.  

I only have one paid plan.  Sales,  and I only use Hubspot because it lets me keep notes related to ONE on ONE  relationships..   In other words I use it as an address book with notes, and like that I can send an email too... 

karstenkoehler
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

IP Time Zone Property

Hi @EnesCinar,

This request is sound and very detailed, you could post it in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. Posts submitted there are evaluated by the product team based on their popularity.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 いいね!