Ask Me Anything and Panel Discussions

cbsembler
アカデミーチーム
アカデミーチーム

I'm Courtney, HubSpot Academy Professor. Ask Me Anything!

I'm Courtney Sembler aka @cbsembler, the HubSpot Academy Professor specializing in contacts, email marketing, and automation. Ask me anything!

Some of your questions are going to be answered live during the HubSpot Academy Cap Show live broadcast, August 25th at 4 pm EST.  Don’t know what The Cap Show is? Check out previous episodes here.

As discussed on the last episode of The Cap, I am currently in the process of writing a blog series titled: Contacts: A Growth Stack Story (you can see the current posts here). The aim of this series is to help provide education around The Growth Stack and how it can help you be successful. If you have questions about the Growth Stack, contacts, automation or email marketing please post them here.

This AMA will be broadcast live on August 25th at 4:00 PM EST. I'll answer as many questions as I can on the show, and I'll answer all of the questions here on the thread after the show is over.

Ready, set, let's go! 

Courtney Sembler,
HubSpot Academy
26件の返信
derekgillaspy
メンバー

Hi Courtney,

My question is about custom/personalized messaging vs. templates.

I've written a 5 message series that isn't performing well.

Since then, I've customized the first message to mention their business and something about them that I found on LinkedIn.  Then I let the other 4 messages run off the template.

This is a cold outreach to complete strangers as I represent a brand most have never heard of.

Any tips on whether the other 4 need to be custom as well?  That would slow me down significantly, but I'm not getting great results as is.

Appreciate any insight here.

Also - 

lulupearse
投稿者

Brand new to HubSpot, brand new to inbound marketing. What's the first thing I should automate? (I use the full stack of Marketing tools - including Social, Blogging, Email). Thanks!

cbsembler
アカデミーチーム
アカデミーチーム

Hi @lulupearse

Thank you for the question and hopefully, you tuned into The Cap on Friday! 

Automation refers to the software that exists to help you automate your marketing and sales actions. Many businesses automate repetitive tasks, such as email follow-up, social media, and other website actions in order to nurture contacts through their lifecycle.Automation is also used to assist with deal creation and internal notifications.

The first thing to ‘automate’ would be defining an offer for lead nurturing and then setting up a lead nurturing workflow to automate the process of automating nurturing your leads down the funnel to a content offer. I would suggest going through this Academy Module for Creating a Lead Nurturing Workflow

Best, 

Courtney Sembler 

Inbound Professor 

Courtney Sembler,
HubSpot Academy
taf
投稿者

How can I have Hubspot automatically pull my contact's social media info into their contact record? Surely I don't have to do this manually for every contact? 

cbsembler
アカデミーチーム
アカデミーチーム

Hello @taf

There will be information that gets pulled automatically onto a contacts record inside of HubSpot. You can see the information that is default in HubSpot here.

In addition, the above will tell you how it can get pulled in. If the information is not there for HubSpot to locate the information then you will have to add it in manually for that contact record. 

Thank you,

Courtney Sembler  

Inbound Professor  

Courtney Sembler,
HubSpot Academy
0 いいね!
Anonymous
適用対象外

In follow up to @lulupearse's question I'd like to know what HubSpot defines as 'automation'. I think a lot of people can interpret that term differently, or apply it to different workflows and strategies. 

0 いいね!