Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

albertsg
Guide

Hubspot files - Cache issue while adding-moving-adding files or folders

SOLVE

Hi guys,

Just found a weird behaviour which is probably related to cache, but I wanted to share it here to see if someone else has the same issue. If you create a folder/file in a specific location in Hubspot files, then you move it somewhere else and you create again the same folder/file in the same location as the previous one, Hubspot will tell you the folder/file already exists in this location even if I moved the previous one to another place and will block you from creating/adding it. This could be quite annoying. Did someone experience the same? Someone from Hubspot could confirm if this is a known issue?

Screenshot 2020-02-06 at 12.00.02.png

Did my answer help you? Mark it as a solution

Book time with me

You can also connect with me on LinkedIn

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
cclaffey
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi @albertsg,

If you have a file in a location, and move the file to a new location, you should then be able to upload a new file to the recently vacated/available location. 

So if you have a file named 'file-1' in a folder 'Big Folder', then move 'file-1' to the root folder/home, you should then be able to upload a new file with the name 'file-1' to the 'Big Folder'. 

If you are experiencing issues when attempting to do this, I would recommend reaching out to HubSpot technical support.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
cclaffey
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi @albertsg,

If you have a file in a location, and move the file to a new location, you should then be able to upload a new file to the recently vacated/available location. 

So if you have a file named 'file-1' in a folder 'Big Folder', then move 'file-1' to the root folder/home, you should then be able to upload a new file with the name 'file-1' to the 'Big Folder'. 

If you are experiencing issues when attempting to do this, I would recommend reaching out to HubSpot technical support.

albertsg
Guide

SOLVE

Thanks @cclaffey!

I tried to reproduce the error and I wasn't able, but I'm sure of what I saw. Anyway, it was a one time error so I guess it was cache related. If I experience it again I will contact support.

Thank for the answer, hope you have a nice day.

Did my answer help you? Mark it as a solution

Book time with me

You can also connect with me on LinkedIn

0 Upvotes