Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

YuliaD
Contributor

Hubspot Company ID to Ticket Property

SOLVE

Hi! We have our main Handoff Workflow that is creating a new Contact+Company+Deal+Ticket for each new customer. This Workflow is associatiating the new Ticket to all "Companies Associated to the enrolled Contact". 

Currently we are moving our Onboarding team from Jira to Hubspot and its a long process so in the meantime a part of the Team is working with Jira and another part is working with Hubspot. I have a Zap that is moving the relevant Ticket on Hubspot when it's moved on Jira; based on the Company ID - as this is the property we are using to connect our platforms.

To set this Zap I have another Hubspot Workflow that is designed to send the Company ID to the associated Ticket on Hubspot.  However, for each cutomer with multiple locations I have 1 Contact and Multiple Companies + Multiple Tickets. Based on the Handoff workflow each Ticket is also getting Multiple Companies and then the second workflow is sending the same Company ID to all Tickets. 

Does anyone have any tips on how I can filter this inside Hubspot? 
(Example: Tom has 2 shops: NY+LA, Tom gets 2 Companies and 2 Tickets, both Tickets are connected to LA Company so both Tickets are getting the LA Company ID)

Thank you! 

Screenshot 2022-08-04 130040.jpgScreenshot 2022-08-04 125911.jpg

1 Accepted solution
ChrisoKlepke
Solution
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hey @YuliaD , 

thank you for getting into detail about your question. This really helps understand what you're trying to do. 

Unless I have a thinking error I'm pretty sure pulling out either the creation of the company or the ticket into an extra WF should do the trick.

You have a contact based WF that is creating deal and maybe ticket. Maybe you have to save some properties that are intended for the company to the ticket as well so you can use them in the next step.

After that, another Ticket-based WF creates and associates the company. You also need to click the checkbox like you did before to associate the contact from the ticket to the company. 

And this should do it... let me know if I'm missing something here. 

Cheers, 

Chriso

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
ChrisoKlepke
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @YuliaD , 

thank you for getting into detail about your question. This really helps understand what you're trying to do. 

Unless I have a thinking error I'm pretty sure pulling out either the creation of the company or the ticket into an extra WF should do the trick.

You have a contact based WF that is creating deal and maybe ticket. Maybe you have to save some properties that are intended for the company to the ticket as well so you can use them in the next step.

After that, another Ticket-based WF creates and associates the company. You also need to click the checkbox like you did before to associate the contact from the ticket to the company. 

And this should do it... let me know if I'm missing something here. 

Cheers, 

Chriso

YuliaD
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi, @ChrisoKlepke this is a great idea, I will try to ctreate only Company and Deal in the first WF and then another Company based WF can create the Ticket and Copy the Company ID at the same time, thank you! 🙏