HubSpot "Aha-Moments"

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello everyone,

My name is Jess and I'm a Community Manager here at HubSpot.

Every now and then it happens to me that I learn something about HubSpot and it feels like a moment of sudden insight, literally an aha-moment.

aha moment.gif

Often these things are related to HubSpot tools, the HubSpot ecosystem or integrations. In this thread, I would like to share some of these aha-moments and also encourage everyone to do the same if you have experienced the same feeling of discovery. 

A few things to keep in mind:

1.  Use the format: Did you know that...
  2. Only use aha-moments related to HubSpot or HubSpot integrations
  3. No aha-moment is stupid. If the learning awarded you with a feeling of insight other users might feel the same. So feel free to share!
  4. Keep the community guidelines in mind (https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Guidelines-Announcements/HubSpot-Community-Guidelines/td-p/4)

That's it!
I'll start Smiley Wink

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

6 Replies 6
Highlighted
Community Manager

Did you know that "Time in Deal Stage"  will reset to 0 if a deal re-enters a deal stage after having left it.

Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Highlighted
Community Manager

Did you know that importing contacts as part of an opt-out list does not actually create contacts - it merely updates the email address’ subscription status for your portal on the backend. Thus, it doesn't count towards the portal's contact limit

• If a contact already exists in HubSpot, is added to the opt-out list, then removed from the CRM, their record will remain in the opt-out list and continue to not count per the limit
  • But if a physical contact record exists in your portal, unsubscribed or not, they will count towards your total contact limit

Highlighted
Community Manager

Did you know that a contact's engagements will auto-associate with their deal (and populate on the deal's timeline) if the deal is in an open stage (i.e. is not any of Won or Lost).

Highlighted
Visitor

Did you know that if you edit a contact's Original Source, it erases the drill down 1 and 2 properties..

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @JessicaH ,

What a great idea starting this thread Smiley Happy

I will be sharing mine...

Do you know If you have multiple Google Calendars, but want to restrict one from connecting to HubSpot, you can do so in the Google Calendar settings?

• Click on the 3 grey vertical dots next to the calendar name
  • Settings and Sharing
  • In the Access Permissions section, unselect the box next to "Make available to sync with HubSpot".

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Highlighted
New Contributor

Did you know that you that if an email was sent to multiple lists, you can analyze the performance by those individual lists or as one email send..