HubSpot "Aha-Moments"

JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni

Hello everyone,

My name is Jess and I'm a Community Manager here at HubSpot.

Every now and then it happens to me that I learn something about HubSpot and it feels like a moment of sudden insight, literally an aha-moment.

aha moment.gif

Often these things are related to HubSpot tools, the HubSpot ecosystem or integrations. In this thread, I would like to share some of these aha-moments and also encourage everyone to do the same if you have experienced the same feeling of discovery. 

A few things to keep in mind:

1.  Use the format: Did you know that...
  2. Only use aha-moments related to HubSpot or HubSpot integrations
  3. No aha-moment is stupid. If the learning awarded you with a feeling of insight other users might feel the same. So feel free to share!
  4. Keep the community guidelines in mind (https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Guidelines-Announcements/HubSpot-Community-Guidelines/td-p/4)

That's it!
I'll start 😉

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

33 Replies 33
adyer_MBS
Contributor

Just found out how pop-up forms are prioritized when hosted on common pages in a recent HubSpot Support ticket. (Thanks, Katja!)

"I'm glad we got a chance to connect today and wanted to follow up on our conversation. I appreciate you taking the time to discuss form prioritization with me. Checking my resources, I confirmed from our documentation the following:

• When evaluating 2 or more pop-up forms that should load in the same area, there is a set of rules that control which pop-up form should load based on which has the most specific targeting rules. HubSpot prioritizes the targeting rules in the following order:
    1. Website URL
    2. Query parameter equals
    3. Website URL begins with
    4. Website URL contains"

In addition to that, we figured out how to layer inclusion/exclusion lists for further targeting when the targeting rules are identical. Our specific use case is on our blog. We have one overarching form that prompts a visitor to subscribe (obviously, current subscribers are excluded). We also have hyper-targeted pop-ups prompting visitors in early deal stages to set a time to speak with their rep about partnership. So, whether a subscriber or not, if they're in the deal, we want them to see the deal-specific pop-up, instead.

Here's how we did it:

• For the partnership prompt(s):
    1. Target: "Website URL contains" — [blog subdomain.domain.extension]
    2. Include only: Active list(s) containing deal-associated contacts
  • For the subscribe prompt:
    1. Target: "Website URL contains" — [blog subdomain.domain.extension] (<--- identical)
    2. Exclude:
      • Subscribers
      • (From the List tool) A single active list containing all members of various deal targeting lists

Using the info gleaned from support on pop-up priority and layered inclusions/exclusions, we could continue to take this even further, ever more customizing the user experience for each pop-up.

Hope this helps. Enjoy!

AAeler

I agree that extra customization alternatives could be satisfactory. For now, you may manage your availability in your related calendar with the aid of including habitual blockers to your calendar. Your meeting hyperlink would mirror your availability then.

adyer_MBS
Contributor

Did you know that wildcards (*) are allowed in string searches in HubSpot filters. I haven't tested it thoroughly to see if it applies to Views, Lists, Reports, Automation ... all the things, but the one use case I have discovered is in Views. E.G. You have a text or number string that you want to search only part of (say, last four digits of an account number):

• If you enter Account Number "contains exactly": 1234, you'll only ever get results where the Account Number is 1234.
  • If you enter Account Number "contains exactly": *1234, you'll get all results where the Account Number ends in 1234.
    • 31531234, 7987991234, 01234, 1234 ...
  • The same is true when you put the wildcard at the end, in the middle, or in multiple places. E.G. City - "Sacramento" could be found using any one of the following combinations (and more):
    • Sac*
    • *mento
    • Sac*to
    • S*cram*o

Particulary useful when you have codes/flags/serial numbers that have particular character order or naming conventions.

Enjoy!

NicoleSengers
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Did You know that "simple" workflow branches can be built using a dropdown or using tags on a text field. And they are awesome and powerful - the name SIMPLE is decieving!

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Kind regards,
Nicole Sengers
Head of Consulting and Training

Nicole@spitfireinbound.com