Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

MarcBissonnette
Contributor

How would you encourage Hubspot adoption internal to your organization ?

SOLVE

Hi all:

My preface is that I am a solid Hubspot fan - It's made my life a LOT easier, it's kept me in touch with my customers more frequently and accurately, as well as given me a solid picture of my performance to date with the company. 
I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions on encouraging additional Hubspot adoption within the company, especially when there are no-cost options to add "read-only" users to the platform for visibility into what sales and other paid-seat users are doing. 

The additional data and metrics that Hubspot provides is fantastic - but it would be even better if more people within the organization, outside of just sales, had access to it and made use of it. 

-Marc

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Adriane
Solution
Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MarcBissonnette,

I completely understand where you're coming from. We’ve been in a similar situation. For a long time, we had HubSpot Marketing, Sales and CMS, but we weren’t using it to its full potential because some internal teams couldn't see the benefits they could get from working with HubSpot. Once we started exploring its capabilities more thoroughly for ourselves, we realized how much it could benefit not just our sales team but the entire organization. (Funny enough, we've been the experts in selling and implementing HubSpot for years, but it took us a while to fully practice what we preach! 😅). Here’s how we can leverage HubSpot to improve our operations across various departments:

Key Benefits for Different Hubs:

• Marketing
    • Campaign Tracking: HubSpot allows marketing teams to track the effectiveness of their campaigns in real-time, seeing which efforts drive the most engagement and conversions.
    • Lead Nurturing: Tools like email marketing, workflows, and social media management help nurture leads more effectively.
    • Content Performance: Insights into how content performs help in optimizing marketing strategies and improving ROI.
  • Customer Service
    • Customer Insights: Access to detailed contact records and interaction histories enables customer service teams to provide personalized support.
    • Ticketing System: HubSpot’s service hub can manage customer inquiries and issues efficiently, ensuring timely resolutions.
    • Feedback Collection: Tools for collecting customer feedback help improve service quality and customer satisfaction.
  • Operations
    • Process Optimization: Workflow automation can streamline and standardize processes, reducing manual work and minimizing errors.
    • Data Visibility: Read-only access to key metrics and reports helps operations teams monitor performance and identify areas for improvement.
    • Integration: HubSpot integrates with various other tools, ensuring a seamless flow of information across systems.
  • Management
    • Performance Tracking: HubSpot provides dashboards and reports that give management a clear overview of the company's performance across different metrics.
    • Strategic Insights: Data-driven insights help in making informed strategic decisions.
    • Goal Alignment: Ensures that all departments are aligned with the company's goals by providing visibility into ongoing activities and results.

Overcoming Perceptions
To address the perception that HubSpot is solely about sales, tracking commissions, and customer contacts, it’s important to showcase its broader applications:

• Collaborative Tool: Emphasize HubSpot as a collaborative tool that brings various departments together through shared data and insights.
  • Holistic View: Highlight how HubSpot provides a holistic view of the customer journey, from initial contact through to support, benefiting the entire organization.
  • Efficiency Gains: Demonstrate how automation and workflows can save time and reduce errors across multiple departments.

Practical Steps for Adoption

• Education and Training: Provide training sessions to help different teams understand how HubSpot can benefit their specific roles (we do them regularly in 1on1 and team trainings).
  • Showcase Success Stories: Share examples of how other companies (see our's for example) or departments within your organization have successfully utilized HubSpot to achieve their goals.
  • Encourage Experimentation: Allow teams to explore HubSpot’s features to see firsthand how it can support their work.
  • Regular Updates: Keep everyone informed about new features and updates that could benefit various departments (we do this via Slack and a weekly team meeting).
  • Feedback Loop: Create a feedback mechanism where employees can share their experiences and suggest improvements for using HubSpot (we do this via Slack and a weekly team meeting).

In short:

We embarked on a broader adoption of HubSpot once we recognized its potential to enhance collaboration, streamline processes, and provide deeper insights into our performance. It's important to remember that this is an ongoing journey. We're still in the process, and we've already conducted several internal workshops to fully integrate HubSpot into our strategies, just as we already successfully do with our clients on a daily basis.

Let me know if you have questions or need further advice 🙂

Best regards,

Adriane

Adriane Grunenberg

HubSpot Automation & Digital Analytics Expert

Pinetco GmbH

emailAddress
adriane@pinetco.com
website
https://www.pinetco.com/
Kostenlosen Termin vereinbaren

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
Adriane
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @MarcBissonnette,

I completely understand where you're coming from. We’ve been in a similar situation. For a long time, we had HubSpot Marketing, Sales and CMS, but we weren’t using it to its full potential because some internal teams couldn't see the benefits they could get from working with HubSpot. Once we started exploring its capabilities more thoroughly for ourselves, we realized how much it could benefit not just our sales team but the entire organization. (Funny enough, we've been the experts in selling and implementing HubSpot for years, but it took us a while to fully practice what we preach! 😅). Here’s how we can leverage HubSpot to improve our operations across various departments:

Key Benefits for Different Hubs:

• Marketing
    • Campaign Tracking: HubSpot allows marketing teams to track the effectiveness of their campaigns in real-time, seeing which efforts drive the most engagement and conversions.
    • Lead Nurturing: Tools like email marketing, workflows, and social media management help nurture leads more effectively.
    • Content Performance: Insights into how content performs help in optimizing marketing strategies and improving ROI.
  • Customer Service
    • Customer Insights: Access to detailed contact records and interaction histories enables customer service teams to provide personalized support.
    • Ticketing System: HubSpot’s service hub can manage customer inquiries and issues efficiently, ensuring timely resolutions.
    • Feedback Collection: Tools for collecting customer feedback help improve service quality and customer satisfaction.
  • Operations
    • Process Optimization: Workflow automation can streamline and standardize processes, reducing manual work and minimizing errors.
    • Data Visibility: Read-only access to key metrics and reports helps operations teams monitor performance and identify areas for improvement.
    • Integration: HubSpot integrates with various other tools, ensuring a seamless flow of information across systems.
  • Management
    • Performance Tracking: HubSpot provides dashboards and reports that give management a clear overview of the company's performance across different metrics.
    • Strategic Insights: Data-driven insights help in making informed strategic decisions.
    • Goal Alignment: Ensures that all departments are aligned with the company's goals by providing visibility into ongoing activities and results.

Overcoming Perceptions
To address the perception that HubSpot is solely about sales, tracking commissions, and customer contacts, it’s important to showcase its broader applications:

• Collaborative Tool: Emphasize HubSpot as a collaborative tool that brings various departments together through shared data and insights.
  • Holistic View: Highlight how HubSpot provides a holistic view of the customer journey, from initial contact through to support, benefiting the entire organization.
  • Efficiency Gains: Demonstrate how automation and workflows can save time and reduce errors across multiple departments.

Practical Steps for Adoption

• Education and Training: Provide training sessions to help different teams understand how HubSpot can benefit their specific roles (we do them regularly in 1on1 and team trainings).
  • Showcase Success Stories: Share examples of how other companies (see our's for example) or departments within your organization have successfully utilized HubSpot to achieve their goals.
  • Encourage Experimentation: Allow teams to explore HubSpot’s features to see firsthand how it can support their work.
  • Regular Updates: Keep everyone informed about new features and updates that could benefit various departments (we do this via Slack and a weekly team meeting).
  • Feedback Loop: Create a feedback mechanism where employees can share their experiences and suggest improvements for using HubSpot (we do this via Slack and a weekly team meeting).

In short:

We embarked on a broader adoption of HubSpot once we recognized its potential to enhance collaboration, streamline processes, and provide deeper insights into our performance. It's important to remember that this is an ongoing journey. We're still in the process, and we've already conducted several internal workshops to fully integrate HubSpot into our strategies, just as we already successfully do with our clients on a daily basis.

Let me know if you have questions or need further advice 🙂

Best regards,

Adriane

Adriane Grunenberg

Pinetco GmbH

emailAddress
adriane@pinetco.com
website
MarcBissonnette
Contributor

SOLVE

@Adriane Thank you! This is *perfect*! I appreciate so very much the time to put this together and post to me - and honestly: I think your response, alone, would be brilliant stand-alone markting for Hubspot. 

I am going to take your response and propagate it amongst our teams to spread the knowledge.

Thank you again!

-Marc

Adriane

SOLVE

I'm glad I could help 🙂 Your feedback means a lot. Good luck with propagating the information among your teams, and if you need any further assistance, feel free to reach out.

Adriane Grunenberg

Pinetco GmbH

emailAddress
adriane@pinetco.com
website
0 Upvotes
IdeasMan
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Marc, for me the job of improving uptake sits squarely with Hubspot, who badly need to listen to their users, and improve the product. So far, I see minimal signs of either of these, especially the former. There is a lot of good and clever stuff in Hubspot but so much is bad - poor basic navigation, unsaveable user preferences, wrong numbers in dashboards, wrong default filters on Deal pipelines (including closed), etc. CRM 101 Basics. Are you listening, Hubspot?

0 Upvotes
MarcBissonnette
Contributor

SOLVE

Hey @IdeasMan Have you been in contact with your Hubspot rep directly ? Personally, I've found them to be pretty darned responsive, when it comes to helping out with usability and customization, even going so far as to send personalized step-by-step videos on "here's how you accomplish what you are trying to do" - For stuff that was not currently possible, they've forwarded my suggestions and needs on to their dev team and followed up with feedback they got - sometimes "Hey, that's coming soon" and "Sorry, that's not on the roadmap right now, but may be, in the future" (Can't win em all and I understand that 🙂

-Marc

0 Upvotes
IdeasMan
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Marc, I celebrate your success in getting anyone to listen, and take any interest in improving the product. Yes, I've talked to a string of HS folks from our partner manager up to the regional VP. Noone cares about the product or the customer experience. Noone has the initiative or culture to try to make things better. Oh well, customers will figure it out in the end - that's what happened to our previous (gone) CRM provider.

0 Upvotes
KAbdulrazak

SOLVE

For me Hubspot is pretty good and i wont hesistate its adoption to an organization

0 Upvotes
james-portant
Contributor

SOLVE

Hey @MarcBissonnette,

There is an awesome app you can use called Supered. It is great at encouraging addoption. It offers a comprehensive suite of features designed to enhance user engagement and facilitate the adoption of new processes or tools within an organization.

Should you require any further information or assistance in getting started with Supered, please feel free to reach out.

Cheers,
James - CEO @ Portant

Portant App for HubSpot: https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/sales/sales-enablement/portant-hubspot-google-docs-in...

MarcBissonnette
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @james-portant Thanks for the suggestion - Right now, we're at an earlier step than that - Adding new software to encourage adoption of existing software would (right now) add a layer of complexity - Baby steps first 🙂 
I'm hoping that someone else has come up with an eloquent explanation of the benefits, advantages, efficiencies and uses of Hubspot for members of an organzation outside of just sales - Right now, there is the perception amongst some that Hubspot is solely about sales, tracking commissions and customer contacts. 
I could write this myself - and will, if I have to, but am hoping someone else has already made an internal pitch, so that I won't have to 🙂 

0 Upvotes