Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

XenonPaddle
Teilnehmer/-in

How to tag a contact for a list of people to contact when a product is in?

lösung

I am new to Hubspot and am currently just using the free version (I have only been using it for 2 weeks) and I assume this should be easy but after watching videos and looking around quite a bit, I am unable to find what is likely the best answer.

If I have a larger group of people who all need to be contacted as soon as a product is in stock, what is the best way to "tag" or group them? I have listed them all for an activity on he same day and time in 2 months (when I anticipate the product will be in) but I assume that is not the best way.

Any ideas so I can readily pull up a group when the product is available?

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Mike_Eastwood
Lösung
Autorität | Gold Partner
Autorität | Gold Partner

lösung

Hi @XenonPaddle 

You could take a 2 step approach in the free HubSpot CRM.

1. create a Custom Property in your Contacts called "Waitlist" which is a Multiple Checkbox. Your Waitlist would include your Products (and you can add new ones later).

2. then create, and Save, a Contact Filter that filters any Contact with Product 1 checked in the Waitlist. You'll see everyone waiting for Product 1.

When your product arrives, and your sales team call, you can uncheck the Product in the Waitlist Property and they will disappear from the filtered list of Contacts.

This is a simple way you can make it work in the free version. There are lots of toys in the Pro version to automate processes like these.

Have fun

Mike

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

4 Antworten
Mike_Eastwood
Lösung
Autorität | Gold Partner
Autorität | Gold Partner

lösung

Hi @XenonPaddle 

You could take a 2 step approach in the free HubSpot CRM.

1. create a Custom Property in your Contacts called "Waitlist" which is a Multiple Checkbox. Your Waitlist would include your Products (and you can add new ones later).

2. then create, and Save, a Contact Filter that filters any Contact with Product 1 checked in the Waitlist. You'll see everyone waiting for Product 1.

When your product arrives, and your sales team call, you can uncheck the Product in the Waitlist Property and they will disappear from the filtered list of Contacts.

This is a simple way you can make it work in the free version. There are lots of toys in the Pro version to automate processes like these.

Have fun

Mike

GregV
Mitglied

lösung

Hi Mike,

I'm a pro user...I'd be interested in the approach one would take for this situation using the pro version?

Thanks,

Greg

0 Upvotes
Mike_Eastwood
Autorität | Gold Partner
Autorität | Gold Partner

lösung

Hi Greg

The advantage of HubSpot Marketing Pro is Lists and Workflows. 

I'd set up a Smart List so whenever a Contact has "Waitlist - Product 1" ticked they're automatically added to the list. 

Then I'd set up a Workflow with an automated email saying "Hey, you're on the waiting list for Product 1. We'll be in touch as soon as they come in.". End of Workflow.

When Product 1 arrives into stock you can add everyone in the Smart List into a new Workflow:

1. send email "It's arrived - buy now (link)"
  2. wait X days
  3. if they haven't clicked on the link in the email send reminder email "these are selling out again... don't miss out like last time.". Maybe a link to your testimonials/reviews for Product 1.
  4. wait X days
  5. add Task for Sales to call them (if you have a Sales team)
  6. unset the Waitlist - Product 1 property (so they don't get annoyed by future Workflows and you can reuse the property for future waitlists).

Extra options

1. send an email with useful content that can help the person reading the email (so it's not just a sales email). Then a p.s. only X left of Product 1
  2. segment your list down to everyone that was sent Email 1 and/or Email 2, that went to the website but didn't buy. Then, when there's only X products left, send them an email saying "Only X left..."
  3. Send a feeback email to everyone who did buy to ask for a review

Keen to hear your ideas

Mike

XenonPaddle
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Great idea Mike.

Thanks for your help!

0 Upvotes