Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

JVanDerLinden

How to show activity at Deal Stage

SOLVE

I am working in the Sales - Deal stage and would like to know why many of the deals show "Inactive for X days".  I sent a bulk email to contacts in the Pre-Qualified deal stage but the deal still shows as Inactive for X days, I need to show that they have been nurtured/touched. If I open the contact associated with the deal it shows they received the email.  How can I show a deal has recently been touched so the Inactive for X days is removed? 

If I open a deal not showing the Inactive for X days it show that a one off email was sent. Will a bulk email not show as an activity under the deal? Do I have to associate the deal (company name) with each contact when sending bulk emails - not sure this is possible. 

Thank you for your help! 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JVanDerLinden,

Could you specify what you mean by "bulk email"? Is this a marketing email or an email sent through your personal connected inbox?

(Marketing emails do not count towards sales activity.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JVanDerLinden,

Could you specify what you mean by "bulk email"? Is this a marketing email or an email sent through your personal connected inbox?

(Marketing emails do not count towards sales activity.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
JVanDerLinden

SOLVE
When I say bulk email I am referencing email sent to a Marketing list created in HubSpot and sent through HubSpot.
0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JVanDerLinden,

If this is an email sent from Menu > Marketing > Email, then this does not count towards sales activity. It won't reflect on the "inactive" label. As far as I know, this cannot be changed. (Don't shoot the messenger.)

With contact-based workflows, you could update a custom date property on the deal, based on the Last marketing email send date contact property. This would still not make a deal show up as active but would give you more filtering options.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

JVanDerLinden

SOLVE
Thank you!
0 Upvotes