Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

jscottCFM
Participant

How to set up White-Labeled Agency Partners?

SOLVE

We are new to HubSpot, so we're trying to set it up as best as possible to start with.

We are a digital agency who works directly with our own clients but also with other agencies as a white-labeled partner for some of their clients. Is this a use case for Parent/Child Companies where the agency partner is the parent company and their clients are child companies under that agency? Or would this be a bad idea?

Only specific team members in our agency interacts with these white-labeled clients, so I want a way to structure our HubSpot account so that it's clear for anyone viewing records what our relationship with each company is.

Any thoughts or advice would be very appreciated!

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jscottCFM,

There are various ways to approach this.

Parent or child companies would be one option, but they they have a few disadvantages, depending on which functionalities you're expecting here. For example, parent-child relationships can't be imported and deals aren't automatically associated with child companies – more in the FAQ here.

A great option would be a custom object for agencies, requiring an Enterprise subscription. This would allow you to associate companies (agencies) with companies (clients) as they are now distinct objects. While some functionalities are still missing for custom objects, they're being added at a fast pace and long-term this would be the best option.

Another option would be flexible associations between records which are currently being developed. There is already a beta for associating multiple companies with a contact (reach out to your customer success manager if you want to get access). I wouldn't be surprised if company to company relationships were introduced soon.

For a very simple option, you could also create a custom property for companies that clearly labels a company as agency, agency client or direct client. Instead of associating agencies with agency clients, you could pin a note to the top of the company records, including a link to the other company record. This wouldn't be bidirectional and it would be manual but also provides the information needed. Additionally, you could add more context about the association with a few lines of text.

Option 1 and 4 work fine as long as you don't want to base intricate automation on it. That's where you'll hit technical limitations. Otherwise you should be fine. For automation, 2 or potentially 3 would be needed.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jscottCFM,

There are various ways to approach this.

Parent or child companies would be one option, but they they have a few disadvantages, depending on which functionalities you're expecting here. For example, parent-child relationships can't be imported and deals aren't automatically associated with child companies – more in the FAQ here.

A great option would be a custom object for agencies, requiring an Enterprise subscription. This would allow you to associate companies (agencies) with companies (clients) as they are now distinct objects. While some functionalities are still missing for custom objects, they're being added at a fast pace and long-term this would be the best option.

Another option would be flexible associations between records which are currently being developed. There is already a beta for associating multiple companies with a contact (reach out to your customer success manager if you want to get access). I wouldn't be surprised if company to company relationships were introduced soon.

For a very simple option, you could also create a custom property for companies that clearly labels a company as agency, agency client or direct client. Instead of associating agencies with agency clients, you could pin a note to the top of the company records, including a link to the other company record. This wouldn't be bidirectional and it would be manual but also provides the information needed. Additionally, you could add more context about the association with a few lines of text.

Option 1 and 4 work fine as long as you don't want to base intricate automation on it. That's where you'll hit technical limitations. Otherwise you should be fine. For automation, 2 or potentially 3 would be needed.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

jscottCFM
Participant

SOLVE

Wow, the details of your solutions are amazing! Thank you so much for laying out the options and Pros/Cons for me! Very, very helpful. I'm not sure which option I'll go with yet, but since the deals are negotiated and paid by the other agency, I think the parent/child option may work just fine here. Along with a pinned note would be perfect for now. We don't have a ton, so manual work on this for now would work fine.

Thanks again!

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Thanks for the kind words and good luck 🙂

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes