How to send unique coupon codes to known customers without any integrations
Sometimes you have an offer for known customers that would require they utilize a unique coupon code. Though this is possible through some of our integration partners, you can accomplish this in our native system, with just a few steps.
Requirements: HubSpot Marketing Pro or Enterprise, Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Create a custom contact property for Coupon
- Export the list of contacts being sent the offer
- Open the export in Excel, and add in a column for Coupon, and use a random number generator function to create the unique coupon codes (Google Sheets directions here)
- Import the contacts, and this will append the coupon code to their contact profile (be sure to include the email address in that import file)
- Create an automated email that utilizes the personalization tokens for the coupon code
- Finally, we'll create a workflow that enrolls contacts who fill out the form, and sends them the email.
Hope you all like this trick!