How to run GeoMarketing Campaigns in HubSpot

Dan1
Top Contributor

Hi All, 

A very short story on why I hope this will be genuinly helpful and insightful to you. 

When I was Head of Customer Success for another SaaS company, our CEO always use to ask me "Where are our customers?" . It was always a tricky one to answer as I couldn't remember every single customers location and I was always a little embraced that often I didn't know. I asked my good friend to help me build a solution which works from within HubSpot. It solved my problem at the time, we offered it out to other HubSpot customers, we improved the functionality and fast forward we are now in the HubSpot Marketplace. 

The solution does show you where your customers are based, along with any other filters you want to apply. But a big bonus which I hadn't considered at the time is it enables GeoMarketing within HubSpot. So you can build lists based on unique geographical areas, for example you can run campaigns on opportunties who are located near your customers. In the video below I show one example of how we apply geomarketing on our account to help us when we visit events. 

I appreciate this is a post about our own product, but it comes from a place as a longtime HubSpot customer and community contributer who solved his own challenge and wants to help the wider HubSpot community. We have a free plan for that reason 🙂 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Bdj8PbFAfo

GeoMarketingGeoMarketing

4 Replies 4
gelflex-cc
Recognized Expert

@Dan1 Hi Dan,  

Looks interesting, is there a free version? How limiting is it?  I might want to try.

0 Upvotes
Dan1
Top Contributor

Hi @gelflex-cc , 

There is a free plan, check out our HubSpot App Marketplace listing here. You can connect from there using the free plan. 

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to get in touch my email is dan@geomapper.io 

0 Upvotes
dlp

It works with adress field in hubspot or uses other ways to get "Geo Location" data? 

0 Upvotes
Dan1
Top Contributor

Hi @dlp , 

GeoMapper uses the address properties on the company or contact record. 

You can create filters in the same way you create them in HubSpot, including customer properties. So mapping the companies that are important to you. 

I hope this helps answer your question.

Kind Regards, 

Dan

Kind Regards, 

Dan

0 Upvotes