Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Juraj
Participant

How to manage lead qualification for multiple sales teams

SOLVE

Hey guys,

I would like to hear your best practices on how you manage lead statuses and lifecycle stages when you do cross-sell, you offer multiple services. Let's say you have a contact who is sales-ready for one product but is not ready for another product. You have 2 products and you need to know the current contact's stage for each of them. Like you can have open deal for one product but you need to nurture the contact for another one. 

Would appreciate your best practices.

Thank you 🙂

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
ADMiller18
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @Juraj!

What subscription level are you utilizing and are there instances where a customer would buy both products at once? Typically, lifecycle stages should align with where someone is at the buying process in general, while lead status pertains to the actions your sales team is taking once the contact becomes a Sales Qualified Lead. When your sales team has confirmed there is a real potential for revenue, you can change the Lifecycle stage to Opportunity.

I would say you can leverage the "Closed Lost" and "Closed Won" deal properties as well as some custom ones to designate which nurture campaign you'd like contacts to be bumped into. C/L reasons could be Budget, Not Ready, or Competitor, for example, and you could enroll those in the "Budget" bucket into a campaign that offers them 10% off if they book by a certain date. You can also create a custom property called "Nurture Campaign" with options such as Product A, Product B, or n/a for additional follow up buckets.

From a lifecycle stage standpoint, Closed Won would of course become Customers, and I would leave Closed Lost in the Opportunity lifecycle stage as they have been vetted by the sales team and are still a great fit for the business, just not ready to buy. When contacts become completely disqualified from any product, they can be moved to the "Other" lifecycle stage. 

Hope this was a helpful starting point,

April 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
ADMiller18
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @Juraj!

What subscription level are you utilizing and are there instances where a customer would buy both products at once? Typically, lifecycle stages should align with where someone is at the buying process in general, while lead status pertains to the actions your sales team is taking once the contact becomes a Sales Qualified Lead. When your sales team has confirmed there is a real potential for revenue, you can change the Lifecycle stage to Opportunity.

I would say you can leverage the "Closed Lost" and "Closed Won" deal properties as well as some custom ones to designate which nurture campaign you'd like contacts to be bumped into. C/L reasons could be Budget, Not Ready, or Competitor, for example, and you could enroll those in the "Budget" bucket into a campaign that offers them 10% off if they book by a certain date. You can also create a custom property called "Nurture Campaign" with options such as Product A, Product B, or n/a for additional follow up buckets.

From a lifecycle stage standpoint, Closed Won would of course become Customers, and I would leave Closed Lost in the Opportunity lifecycle stage as they have been vetted by the sales team and are still a great fit for the business, just not ready to buy. When contacts become completely disqualified from any product, they can be moved to the "Other" lifecycle stage. 

Hope this was a helpful starting point,

April 

0 Upvotes
Juraj
Participant

SOLVE

Hello @ADMiller18 ,

many thanks for your reply. Yes it happens that sometime that customer would buy 2 products at once. I think my problem was that I was looking at lifecycle stage from product point of view which can be different for every product. In case we sell 2 products at once I guess the lifecycle stage will represent the current contact's stage in general like when he/she wants to but one product, the stage will be opportunity, when declines another product he/she will still stay as opportunity as there is still interest for one product. 

Thank you very much for your insight. 

Juraj

0 Upvotes