Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

BFeron
Participant

How to handle the departure of a Sales Rep? (in forecast)

Hi Everyone, 

I have an issue within the forecast module. 
In our company, we have many sales rep. Every sales rep is assigned in a "sub team" within the global Sales Team. 

Every Sales rep has a monthly goal defined in forecast. 

So far, nothing special but the issue is when the sales rep leaves the company. 
We have two things to take into account : 

- His goal will still remains for the total of the sub team
- His signed deal will still count for the total of the sub team 

Hubspot told me that the only way to do so, is to keep a paid seat for all our sales but on the other hand, it makes no sense to keep paying for this ex-users. 

How do you handle that ? 

10 Replies 10
Halbeisen
Participant

I am so glad to read somebody has the exact same issue! Thank you for sharing, I hope HubSpot can find a solution for this

0 Upvotes
Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Hi @BFeron, If you deactivate the user (rather than remove them), all of the associations will remain in tact - their owned deals, contacts, goals, etc. and you can reassign them as needed.

It's my understanding the paid seat only allows access to the paid sales tools, like meetings, templates, sequences, etc. and you can remove them from the seat without removing their data for the goals, etc.

Hopefully one of the others can also confirm this, it has been over a year since I've removed someone from a seat.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

BFeron
Participant

Hello @Jnix284 thanks for your answer. 

I won't remove the user. Indeed deactivate is way better to keep track of his signature. 
But I wanted to remove his paid seat (as he is no longer in the company). By removing the paid seat, this user won't appear in forecast anymore and we use forecast to see how much we signed vs our global (and sub teams) goals. 

Jnix284

@BFeron hmm, good point, could you allocate a single paid seat to 'inactive' users, so create a user that has a paid seat and reassign the forecasting of each sales rep that left to that user?

Or would that still mess with your team/sub-team structure?

Maybe @jolle has run into this before and has some insights...

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @BFeron, thank you for posting here! 

I would recommend before removing a user, you should reassign any records owned by the user. Learn more about setting ownership of records in HubSpot.

I want to invite our top experts to this conversation to share their ideas @danmoyle @HubSpotMaster @Jnix284 any recommendations for @BFeron matter?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Halbeisen
Participant

Hi Pam, 

I have the exact same issue and reassigning deals to other reps does not work, as need a clean records of the revenue each person has brought in for the year. Adding it to other users messes with their goals. 

This is creating a huge issue for us currently, and we can't keep adding paid seats for ex-employees to ensure our forecast/goal attainment is correct. 

Would it be possible to create ghost licneses that cannot perform anything in the system but are still shown in the forecast with their revenue? That would solve it for us. 

Thank you!

Sophie

ERoberts44
Participant

I 100% agree with this. The forecast tool is only useful if former reps can be displayed. Not only does it break the existing forecast, but all historical data as well. Hubspot needs to resolve this. 

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @ERoberts44, thank you for your feedback!

I learned that the only way to keep a deactivated user included in the forecasting tool is to keep a paid seat for that user. The deactivation is not necessarily what causes the exclusion, but the paid seat is.

I hope this information helps.

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
BFeron
Participant

Keeping a ex-employee in a paid seat makes really no-sense !!!! 

0 Upvotes
ERoberts44
Participant

@PamCotton I appreciate your response, but keeping a former employee as a
paid user to preserve forecast data is an unrealistic and unacceptable spend. Hubspot should modify the functionality to lock the historical data into the
forecast for former employees and decouple it from the paid seat requirement. 

0 Upvotes