Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

ConnorSlivensky
Key Advisor | Elite Partner
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

How to handle subscriptions for two blogs

SOLVE

My company organizes corporate events. In the past, this meant technical training using pcs. Now we are starting to pivot to be more meeting-friendly and as such want to expand our blogging subjects.

My question is how do we handle subscriptions? Our existing database of mostly trainers aren't necessarily interested in meetings and vice versa with our new target audience. We'd like to give people the option to subscribe to one of the two or both at the same time. 

What would you suggest to implement this? I was thinking of adding a question to a basic subscription form (but not technically a sub form) that says what are you interested in Training, Meetings or Both and set up a custom property of some kind to trigger a workflow.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
trevordjones
Solution
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ConnorSlivensky,

You're on the right track with your "I'm interested in" field that feeds a custom property.  Once you have that information you should be able to build a workflow for the three subsciber groups (Training, Meetings, Both).  

From there, you'll just need three different emails for your groups and a means of funneling the content into those emails.  I have multiple subscriptions for Blog, Press Releases and Comminity News and I use RSS emails with different RSS feeds for each post type.

Hope this helps!

- Trevor

- Trevor
If my post solves your problem, please accept it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
trevordjones
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @ConnorSlivensky,

You're on the right track with your "I'm interested in" field that feeds a custom property.  Once you have that information you should be able to build a workflow for the three subsciber groups (Training, Meetings, Both).  

From there, you'll just need three different emails for your groups and a means of funneling the content into those emails.  I have multiple subscriptions for Blog, Press Releases and Comminity News and I use RSS emails with different RSS feeds for each post type.

Hope this helps!

- Trevor

- Trevor
If my post solves your problem, please accept it as a solution.

0 Upvotes