Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Dan1
Guía

How to handle renewals in your deal pipeline - Best Practices and Pro Tips

resolver

Earlier this year I posted this question to the community and had some great help from many Hubspot Pro's. I wanted to give back to the Hubspot community and pass on the knowledge to other new Hubspot CRM users. 

So I put together a 2 minute video to show the renewal pipeline we created and use based on the feedback gathered. We run a B2B SaaS business with annual contracts, so it is specific to our requirements, however,  hopefully, it will provide some ideas and a basis for a renewal deal pipeline setup. 

If anyone has any further suggestions then please share on this post so that we can build some best practices around this topic. 

All the best, 

Dan 

www.orgcharthub.com

2 Soluciones aceptadas
Dan1
Solución
Guía

resolver

Hi @dleitch

When the deal is won for the renewal, the cycle starts again and we rename the deal with "2nd year" tagged onto the end. It's helpful having all the renewal deals (1st, 2nd, 3rd year etc) in one pipeline as you can see the renewal amounts for each quarter very easily. 

I hope this helps, 

Dan 

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

louischausse
Solución
Asesor destacado | Partner nivel Platinum

resolver

Your solution is awesome, but will only work if your contract always has the same term length.

For businesses working with variable contract end dates, that won't do the trick.

That's why we've built a Recipe to handle that. A Recipe is a small process that you can install in your HubSpot portal. This doesn't require any third-party tool.

Here's a video of how it works:

louischausse_2-1705096857261.gif

Renewal deals are created automatically for each closed-won deals with a known contract end date. Then, a task is generated with a reminder date XX days before that contract end date to notify the deal owner (or another user of your choice) that the renewal is coming soon.

Other settings and configurations are also available to suit your use case.

If you are interested, we can have a chat to setup this recipe on your HubSpot portal.

Learn more here

Louis Chaussé from Auxilio HubSpot Solutions Partner Signature
Louis Chaussé from Auxilio HubSpot Solutions Partner Meeting link

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

26 Respuestas 26
dleitch
Miembro

resolver

Hi Dan1,

Thanks for sharing.  Just a quick question.  For the year 2 renewal, is there a 3rd pipeline or does it just start over in the same renewal pipline as year 1?  Also, do you think the renewal process you have setup would work for additional years (i.e. 3, 4, 5, etc.)?

Thanks!

0 Me gusta
Dan1
Solución
Guía

resolver

Hi @dleitch

When the deal is won for the renewal, the cycle starts again and we rename the deal with "2nd year" tagged onto the end. It's helpful having all the renewal deals (1st, 2nd, 3rd year etc) in one pipeline as you can see the renewal amounts for each quarter very easily. 

I hope this helps, 

Dan 

BigVaibhav
Miembro

resolver

Hi @Dan1,

We usually have multi year deals, and it get's really clumsy with so many renewal deals.

We tried this, and it worked wonders.

Thanks,

Vaibhav

0 Me gusta
JAnderson5
Colaborador

resolver

This is so helpful! Thank you so much. 

louischausse

resolver

Your solution work if you have contracts with standard duration (i.e. 1 year) and the deal close date is the same date as the start date of the contract.

Here's my current situation:

What if a deal can be renewed in advance for a new contract start date in the future and the contract term is always different from one customer to another?

Any thoughts?

Louis Chaussé from Auxilio HubSpot Solutions Partner Signature
Louis Chaussé from Auxilio HubSpot Solutions Partner Meeting link
0 Me gusta
roisinkirby
Equipo de producto de HubSpot
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

resolver

Terrific - thanks for sharing @Dan1

0 Me gusta