Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

GeetaL
Contributor

How to find out which marketing tool suits the brand?

SOLVE

Hi Hubspotters! 

As far as I have learnt about SEO and other marketing tools, through hubspot academy videos, & various other business owner's
interviews and podcasts, I understood that there is no best way to do marketing.

That 'Experiementation is the name of the game'! 

But, still I am confused as to what determines which marketing tool or practice do I as a freelancer seo content writer help clients with first.  

Suppose an individual or a mid size firm providing service having more than say 30K followers on Instagram and me as a content writer having knowledge of SEO, running ads on social media, like, how do I engage someone to converse with me wrt marketing.  I mean how do I determine which marketing channel is good way to start
for such clients to suggest them? Because, last month I read that Instagram statistics has dropped on number 1 position to 5 owing to its scalability. Or will this come across as being too authorative to push away from possibly having a sales? Or just mention them that I dont provide XYZ service. 

I mean, if I have to ( vague-ly) chalk out some criteria or factors to determine when to navigate from one marketing channel to another? 

And I believe this is less about my technical knowledge and more about  my communication skills offline as well as online. 

Please throw some light on this and excuse me if this is too broad. 🙂

Cheers & Regards,
Geeta (she/her)

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @GeetaL. If I'm following along well, this is a big question. In my experience and opinion, it really comes down to tracking through to the end of the buyer's journey. Using a tool like HubSpot to host your website on (at the very least, the landing pages) and tracking those views all the way to customer, you can then use attribution reporting for "what channels led to the most contacts" and then dig into which worked best for actual customers. 

Because HubSpot tracks sources, you should be able to see which organic social media channel is working (is Instagram really the best? is it really dropping for your audience?), whether ads are paying off, and if organic SEO is working (or not). 

This will help you focus your efforts and really understand your buyers' journeys. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

AGiltner
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

@GeetaL there's so much info about marketing, most of it says the exact same thing just in a different sentence configuration. What most marketers don't want you to know is that marketing is whatever your ideal client says it is. That may be confusing & unconventional, but allow me to explain. Your target market demands that you come to them, be where they are, & speak their language. They need to read your content & immediate say, "she gets me!"

When you initimately know your target market, you speak their language on the platforms where they hang out.  For example, I only work with success-obsessed female entrepreneurs who are ready to attract their ideal client...their ideal clients who will gladly pay what her goods/services are worth. My target market hangs out on LinkedIn & a little bit on Facebook, but only for personal use, not professional. My target market mostly hangs out in professional on-line & in-person networking groups. Therefore, I don't put a lot of energy into social media & focus my marketing attention in networking spaces, which equates to an average of 20+ qualified success-obsessed female entrepreneurs enter into my pipeline consistently each & every week. 

Ultimately, fully understanding where your target market hangs out is just one aspect of brining them into your sales funnel & will save you heaps of time & money. I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
AGiltner
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

@GeetaL there's so much info about marketing, most of it says the exact same thing just in a different sentence configuration. What most marketers don't want you to know is that marketing is whatever your ideal client says it is. That may be confusing & unconventional, but allow me to explain. Your target market demands that you come to them, be where they are, & speak their language. They need to read your content & immediate say, "she gets me!"

When you initimately know your target market, you speak their language on the platforms where they hang out.  For example, I only work with success-obsessed female entrepreneurs who are ready to attract their ideal client...their ideal clients who will gladly pay what her goods/services are worth. My target market hangs out on LinkedIn & a little bit on Facebook, but only for personal use, not professional. My target market mostly hangs out in professional on-line & in-person networking groups. Therefore, I don't put a lot of energy into social media & focus my marketing attention in networking spaces, which equates to an average of 20+ qualified success-obsessed female entrepreneurs enter into my pipeline consistently each & every week. 

Ultimately, fully understanding where your target market hangs out is just one aspect of brining them into your sales funnel & will save you heaps of time & money. I hope this helps.

GeetaL
Contributor

SOLVE

That was some crispy insights! Grateful for your clarity, @AGiltner ! 

0 Upvotes
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @GeetaL. If I'm following along well, this is a big question. In my experience and opinion, it really comes down to tracking through to the end of the buyer's journey. Using a tool like HubSpot to host your website on (at the very least, the landing pages) and tracking those views all the way to customer, you can then use attribution reporting for "what channels led to the most contacts" and then dig into which worked best for actual customers. 

Because HubSpot tracks sources, you should be able to see which organic social media channel is working (is Instagram really the best? is it really dropping for your audience?), whether ads are paying off, and if organic SEO is working (or not). 

This will help you focus your efforts and really understand your buyers' journeys. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
GeetaL
Contributor

SOLVE

I was trying to co-relate different social media platforms and the marketing tools so as to make sense of the marketing as a whole. Like wanted to draw a high perception of it for my understanding as well. Also, retrospectively speaking, guess i was somewhat gripped by fear of not knowing something for which I am selling services.

I have been watching few Gary Vee's videos which triggers mostly in a good way. Neil Patel's is also informative one. So, just want to have focus as well as perspective in right direction.  Appreciate your response  
@danmoyle ! 

Regards,
Geeta L.

0 Upvotes
GeetaL
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you so much @danmoyle ! 

Although, I am yet to use hubspot's as host for website, but this brings much clarity! Thank you! 

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @GeetaL 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts here - @APrigent @Sam62 @danmoyle do you have any advice to share with @GeetaL on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

GeetaL
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you, Tiphani! 

0 Upvotes