Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

EvanGertis
Participante

How to create a simple hubspot workflow

I am trying to create a simple workflow to test sending an email to a specific user after they've completed a form. The user must complete one form. If the contact meets this qualification then when I click test I expect the workflow to send them an email. 

Expected:
The workflow send the templated email to the user.

Actual:
Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 4.28.37 PM.png

The problem is that it says `An error occurred while sending farnham_street: Previously unsubscribed from this subscription type.`

0 Me gusta
9 Respuestas 9
EvanGertis
Participante

It does not say that the contact unsubscribed from anything.
Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 10.49.44 AM.png

0 Me gusta
karstenkoehler
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

Hi @EvanGertis,

Could you please try to complete the steps below and report back? https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/manage-your-subscription-preferences-and-types – especially this section of the article:

• To manually subscribe or resubscribe a contact to a specific subscription type:
    • Hover over the subscription type:
      • If the contact hasn't yet specified their preference on receiving emails for the subscription, click Subscribe.
      • If the contact had previously opted out of receiving emails for the subscription type, you can resubscribe them by clicking Resubscribe.
    • In the dialog box, click the Communication subscription types dropdown menu, then select a subscription type.
    • Select a legal basis for communicating and enter the explanation for communication consent. Additionally, you'll also need to add a lawful basis to process to track and store the contact's details in your database.
    • Click Save.
  • If you want to manually unsubscribe a contact to subscription, hover over the subscription then click Unsubscribe.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

EvanGertis
Participante

Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 2.12.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-17 at 2.12.11 PM.png
I am still unable to get the subscription type to work properly. 

0 Me gusta
karstenkoehler

Hi @EvanGertis,

This is hard to troubleshoot without being able to navigate from your portal.

If this is your own email address, you could simply submit a form using that email address – a form containing a checkbox for this specific email subscription.

Should that not work, I'd recommend reaching out to HubSpot customer support via the purple help widget in the bottom right corner.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

EvanGertis
Participante

I've checked all of the boxes and I still get the same issue. Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 10.47.15 AM.png

0 Me gusta
EvanGertis
Participante

I have not been able to find a previous marketing email. I do not know where or when this email could have been sent. 

0 Me gusta
EvanGertis
Participante

I am trying to use a new workflow. Where the enrollment criteria is set to:
-Lead Status is known

I'm attaching a screenshot of the contact and the workflow
Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 9.53.58 AM.pngcontactcontact

As you can see from the screenshot above the contact owner is Evan Gertis. The contact egertis0@gmail.com was never subscribed to a marketing campaign yet I still get the error: Previously unsubscribed from this subscription type.  

0 Me gusta
karstenkoehler

Hi @EvanGertis,

Your activity feed is filtered, could you check all boxes?

karstenkoehler_0-1642432265788.png

If you have never received a HubSpot email, you can also simply opt a contact in by following these steps: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/manage-your-subscription-preferences-and-types

If you however unsubscribed (and forgot), you would have to find an old marketing email and resubscribe following these steps: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/resubscribe-contacts-to-your-marketing-emails

Can you check both articles and report back?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Me gusta
karstenkoehler

Hi @EvanGertis,

There isn't any issue with your workflow. The error is referring to the subscription status of your test contact.

In your marketing email ("farnham_street"), you chose a subscription type, in the Settings tab of your email:

karstenkoehler_0-1642228016057.png

These subscription types are set up in the settings: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/how-do-subscription-preferences-and-types-work

With your test contact, you recently unsubscribed from the subscription type chosen in the screenshot above. Either you unsubscribed your own contact for test purposes, or you clicked the "Unsubscribe" or "Manage preferences" link at the end of one of your emails.

HubSpot automatically excludes unsubscribed contacts from receiving emails. This cannot be bypassed or switched off.

If you want to opt yourself back in, simply find a previous marketing email, click "Manage preferences" at the end of that email and check the subscription boxes again, see here: Resubscribe contacts to your marketing emails

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler