Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

DevonBirch
Mitglied

How to create a clickwrap method agreement?

lösung

Hi all, 

First time here, hopefully posting in the right place. 

The participants in our platform are given some induction and training on how to use our facilities. After the training is done we would ask trouterlogin  hem to sign a physical peace of paper that shows that they understand the induction and the risks of using the facility. 

I was thinking it should be possible to simply have a clickwrap method (with an embeded PDF)  that I can send in an email where they click through and once they do, a property is updated in their contact profile so all staff 192.168.0.1  knows that they have been trained and accept the T&C. 

Extra points if after some time we update the PDF all those who accepted it get an email stating that they understand the changes. 

Maybe clickwrap is not the best way of doing this if so, I would like to hear any options.

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Phil_Vallender
Lösung
Koryphäe | Diamond Partner

lösung

Hi @DevonBirch 

In essence, Clickwrap method appears to be nothing more than obtaining definitive, freely expressed agreement and consent for some terms and conditions by a visitor or user. You could do this in HubSpot by using click in an email to set a contact property showing they have accepted the terms. However, email clicks are far, far from being reliable, therefore I would always prefer taking the visitor to a web page and using a definitive form submit which pairs the action with their email address and the page they did it on. 

Two things to note:

• While I think this approach is possible, it is up to you to ensure that the whole approach is legally enforcable - I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice
  • An e-sign solution (like Pandadoc or Docusign or similar), as suggested by @darynsmith previously, is still in many ways a better solution. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

4 Antworten
HubDoPete
Ratgeber/-in | Gold Partner
Ratgeber/-in | Gold Partner

lösung

Hi @DevonBirch 

Have you solved this yet? It would work very well using HubSpot + PandaDoc, and potentially add Zapier too for automating the handling of the signed agreement

cheers

Pete

GeorgeBThomas
Ratgeber/-in | Elite Partner
Ratgeber/-in | Elite Partner

lösung

Hey @DevonBirch,

Curious, have you checked out HubSpot Documents to see if it could be used as a possible solution?

Also, I know some folks like PandaDoc for things like you are mentioning as well. 

Hope that helps in some small way!

George B. Thomas

HubSpot Helper & Owner

George B. Thomas, LLC

(252) 656-5950 | (330) 232-6117
george@georgebthomas.com
www.georgebthomas.com
Phil_Vallender
Lösung

lösung

Hi @DevonBirch 

In essence, Clickwrap method appears to be nothing more than obtaining definitive, freely expressed agreement and consent for some terms and conditions by a visitor or user. You could do this in HubSpot by using click in an email to set a contact property showing they have accepted the terms. However, email clicks are far, far from being reliable, therefore I would always prefer taking the visitor to a web page and using a definitive form submit which pairs the action with their email address and the page they did it on. 

Two things to note:

• While I think this approach is possible, it is up to you to ensure that the whole approach is legally enforcable - I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice
  • An e-sign solution (like Pandadoc or Docusign or similar), as suggested by @darynsmith previously, is still in many ways a better solution. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
sharonlicari
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hey @DevonBirch 

Thank you for reaching out!

It seems your colleague @AndresEOED posted the same question last year here and our contributor @darynsmith was able to give some advice. 

I'll invite a few contributors to see if they have any other ideas. 

Hey @Josh @Phil_Vallender any ideas about this?

Thanks

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !