Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

MMetros5
Contributor

How to access Prior value of field in Workflow

SOLVE

When a field is updated on the company record, we want to see if the % difference in the new value from the old value is substantial enough for us to trigger an alert.

Unfortunately, it does not look like we have access to the PRIORVALUE of the field to make any sort of calculations.

How can we achieve real-time alerts when data points differ substantially between the new and old values.

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MMetros5,

This is currently not possible but a much requested feature:

Reporting based on History of a property

View/Create Reports based on historical property values

Report on Historical Property Values (Audit Trail)

As usual, I'd recommend upvoting and commenting on these ideas. As of April 2020, the first one is being reviewed by the product team.

For an interim solution, if you're okay with creating some reports in Excel, you can export the history of a property for all contacts. You will have to adjust the export file to your needs but the data are all there.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MMetros5,

This is currently not possible but a much requested feature:

Reporting based on History of a property

View/Create Reports based on historical property values

Report on Historical Property Values (Audit Trail)

As usual, I'd recommend upvoting and commenting on these ideas. As of April 2020, the first one is being reviewed by the product team.

For an interim solution, if you're okay with creating some reports in Excel, you can export the history of a property for all contacts. You will have to adjust the export file to your needs but the data are all there.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.