How to  Setup some Tricky Stuff

dannyogolo

Hello all,

I am really enjoying this as it is helping me greatly (my first dive into CRM).

I have 2 issues I want to know how I can do it in order to get more out of hubspot:

1. How to add SEARCHABLE FIELDS

I want to add 2 or 3 searchable fields to the offline contact registration form, Meaning that data I input here can appear in results when i search from the search bar.

Presently, I think its only the Name, Phone number and Email that is searchable.

2. How to tie Offline Contacts to track future visits

I noticed that contacts that filled out forms on my website and got registered into my CRM automatically are tracked in their future visits.  But so far, I cant tell when my offline registered contacts re-visit my website. 

Is there a way I can tie the offline registered contacts so i know when they re-visit my website?

BTW, I am using a wordpress website with hubspot free (for now)

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
edjusten
HubSpot Employee

Hi @dannyogolo  HubSpot will soon be refreshing the main navigation and will include an enhanced search function. While it will will display results from content and other parts of the tool, it will not search individual properties. Better to use saved filters to identify contacts by property values

Regarding offline regeistered contacts, until they submit a HubSpot built form, you wil not be able to track them. The HubSpot tracking code on a web page drops a cookie in the browser; a form submission links the cookie to the email address and creates the contact. Without a form submission, we are unable to track the contact.    

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
dannyogolo

Ok,

I understand about the cookie tracking. 

Is it possible to do it this way?

I have some CF7 Contact forms which I use to collect data from site visitors. Do you have a cookie I can attach to it or an extension I can attach to it that can act as the cookie?

Otherwise, do you have a wordpress Contact Form that is customizable like CF7 which I can use to replace the CF7, so i get the benefits of Cookie tracking?

0 Upvotes
edjusten
HubSpot Employee

Hi @dannyogolo  Hubspot can't provide a cookie linked to the form. Your best bet here is to take advantage of HubSpot's recently released Forms tool for free users (Main nav > Lead Capture > Forms (New) ). Use this tool to build and embed forms on your Wordpress site with the tracking code installed. Any submissions will be newly created in your CRM and tracked accordingly as they traverse your site. 

Find out more about creating HubSpot Forms here. Click here to find out how to embed a HubSpot Form in Wordpress.

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes