Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Jackjohnsonsea
Miembro

How to Populate a First and Last Lead Source Field?

resolver

I want to have two Lead Source Fields. I changed the name of Lead Source too "First Lead Source" and I created a second one.. "Last Lead Source". What I want to happen is when a new contact is created, the First Lead Source populates. But if that same contact engaged with a different lead source, I want it populated in the Last Lead Source field. Is this possible to create a forcing workflow to make this happen?

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

resolver

Hi @Jackjohnsonsea,

Could you describe in more detail what information you would want to store in a First lead source and Last lead source field? What kind of values could these properties take?

Generally, yes, it's possible to do this via workflow. You would create the two custom contact properties and set up a simple contact-based workflow. You would only enroll contacts without a value in First lead source, I would additionally only enroll contacts created in the last 24 hours (Create date) to reduce the margin for error. You would then use if/then branches to define certain cases and use the "Set property value" action to assign the First lead source. For the Last lead source, you would re-enroll contacts whenever the triggers are met again.

That being said, I'd highly recommend checking the existing properties for source / conversion / campaign. These are automatically maintained by HubSpot and will cause much less headache if you know how to work with them.

Original source

Original source drill-down 1

Original source drill-down 2

First touch converting campaign

Last touch converting campaign

First conversion

First conversion date

Recent conversion

Recent conversion date

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

2 Respuestas 2
webdew
Guía | Partner nivel Diamond
Guía | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

Hi @Jackjohnsonsea ,

For the "Lead source" property, it is actually a salesforce field and it is synced over from salesforce.

On HubSpot's end, they have the default "original source" property that will track the type of sources a lead came into. This is set automatically by HubSpot. HubSpot can definitely create our own custom property "Last Lead Source" and try to update that via workflow. But as for the workflow triggers, they might not have something suitable.

Again, HubSpot's source properties are updated automatically by HubSpot, as such would not recommend trying to create our own custom source property.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

0 Me gusta
karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @Jackjohnsonsea,

Could you describe in more detail what information you would want to store in a First lead source and Last lead source field? What kind of values could these properties take?

Generally, yes, it's possible to do this via workflow. You would create the two custom contact properties and set up a simple contact-based workflow. You would only enroll contacts without a value in First lead source, I would additionally only enroll contacts created in the last 24 hours (Create date) to reduce the margin for error. You would then use if/then branches to define certain cases and use the "Set property value" action to assign the First lead source. For the Last lead source, you would re-enroll contacts whenever the triggers are met again.

That being said, I'd highly recommend checking the existing properties for source / conversion / campaign. These are automatically maintained by HubSpot and will cause much less headache if you know how to work with them.

Original source

Original source drill-down 1

Original source drill-down 2

First touch converting campaign

Last touch converting campaign

First conversion

First conversion date

Recent conversion

Recent conversion date

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.