Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

AMaruggi
Mitglied

How to Export File Names and URLs

lösung

Hi all, I am looking for the easiest way to export all of my files (documents and images) with the File Name and the File URL. Any suggestions are much appreciated. 

Thanks!

2 Akzeptierte Lösungen
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @AMaruggi,

By default, you can only export the files themselves, not the URLs however. This should be possible with the files API, requiring coding however.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

digitalkrewe
Lösung
Stratege/Strategin | Partner

lösung

Hi @AMaruggi,

Are the files used on your website? If so, you could run a crawl to pull all internal and external links quickly using a tool like ScreaminFrog or a similar tool.

Cheers,

Ray

*Hubspot updates its software often. Please check current features in the Hubspot knowledge base.

**Please mark this as solved if it answers your question.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

6 Antworten
AdeleTib
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

Sad that this hasn't been implemented yet. Seems like it would be an "easier" lighter export option than ALL files. Also, it would be GREAT if the export would actually provide the detail that is useful, including (in order of importance - IMHO):

File Name

Folder

File Path

File ID

Create Date

Created By

File Usage (but only if it gave a little more detail other than just where it is used in the CMS)

This appears to have been uploaded as an Idea for a File Manager / Document Library. Please feel free to go upvote it 😊

kvlschaefer
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @AdeleTib,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on how we could improve this feature!

Thanks for sharing the idea as well! I've upvoted it 🙂

Best,

Kristen 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
bayleafdigital
Teilnehmer/-in | Gold Partner
Teilnehmer/-in | Gold Partner

lösung

I agree, we should easily be able to export the list of all the files (and their paths) out of the HubSpot file manager. Downloading all the files in one big zip file is of no help.

I'm going thru a content assessment exercise and would like to quickly review a spreadsheet of all the existing files to help re-categorize types of content, the lifecycle stages they should pertain to, etc., but there's no way to do this unless I know how to code and use the API. 

kvlschaefer
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @bayleafdigital,

Thanks for your feedback!  I would highly recommend you to please add this feedback to our Ideas Forum.

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Thank you,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
digitalkrewe
Lösung

lösung

Hi @AMaruggi,

Are the files used on your website? If so, you could run a crawl to pull all internal and external links quickly using a tool like ScreaminFrog or a similar tool.

Cheers,

Ray

*Hubspot updates its software often. Please check current features in the Hubspot knowledge base.

**Please mark this as solved if it answers your question.

karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @AMaruggi,

By default, you can only export the files themselves, not the URLs however. This should be possible with the files API, requiring coding however.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.